Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The proposed WBC WW tournament can't seem to get any fighters on board; VADA testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its an ambitious idea that should include floyd and manny.

great idea, impossible promotional logistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

Why would Floyd fight in a tourney that's meant to determine the winner of his belts? He's retired.

Comment

Tournaments usually such. They take too long to complete and include fighters that should not be in it and leave out fighters who should be in it. If the top 5 welterweights would start fighting each other instead of fighting unranked cherry picks no tournament would be needed and we would know who is the best. Thurman, Porter, Brook, Khan, Garcia and Bradley are the only top welterweights who belong in the race in my opinion. The lesser welterweights are not worthy of being considered the best unless they do something better than what they have done. Guerrero has looked like garbage lately and a win over him means very little. Thurman already beat him by a mile. These unknown welterweights shouldn't be considered until they do something good enough that fans have at least heard of them.

Comment

Sorry about typo. I wanted to say Tournaments usually suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

As difficult as it is for some fans to accept, Mayweather is retired and Pacquiao will retire after his fight in April. No tournaments for these two.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Tournaments usually such. They take too long to complete and include fighters that should not be in it and leave out fighters who should be in it.
              Amen.

To me at the end of the day this whole thing just sounds like a new way to get sanctioning fees. I'm sure the WBC will be taking their 3% of every fighters purse for every fight in this tournament not just the eventual title fight. And there is no reason to not just let this vacant title get sorted out as they always do with the top 2 available contenders.

I will say that if boxing had one title & the champion retired I wouldn't have any problem with a tournament to crown a new champion, although I'd suggest it be a 4 man, 3 fight tournament, but having a 8man (or 9man with the fight to get in the tournament I guess) tournament to decide 1/4 of the division is silly.

Comment

for a tournament to happen the fighters have to be willing to fight and most of PBC figthers arent willing to fight a live body. #FACTS

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
                  for a tournament to happen the fighters have to be willing to fight and most of PBC figthers arent willing to fight a live body. #FACTS
                  Your right, Leo Santa Cruz really needs to step his game up.

Comment

Have there been any new fights added to this "tournament"?

Comment

Working...
                    X