Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think I'm crazy for thinking Dawson Ward will be a great fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I really believe this will be a serious back and forth fight that will have many fight fans with mix emotions about who won...I got Ward in a close split decision victory...What's some of your thoughts??Do you guy believe we are in for a great fight??
    Your enthusiasm is admirable but this fight have no indications of being a great fight. You have two highly skill fighters that are going there to think rather than fight. Two guys that are not going to take risks. I dont know how that type of fight can be great. I will watch because I love the sport, but I believe you are crazy for thinking it will be great.

Comment

Got my tix and i think this will be a slick, skillful affair.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
        Your enthusiasm is admirable but this fight have no indications of being a great fight. You have two highly skill fighters that are going there to think rather than fight. Two guys that are not going to take risks. I dont know how that type of fight can be great. I will watch because I love the sport, but I believe you are crazy for thinking it will be great.
        Was SRL Hagler not a great fight??Both fighters came there with their thinking caps on..Just because a fight is not a Gatti Ward kinda blood and guts kinda fight,does not mean the fight can't be great...This is a misconception that a lot of boxing fans make...IMO..

Comment

Was SRL Hagler not a great fight??Both fighters came there with their thinking caps on..Just because a fight is not a Gatti Ward kinda blood and guts kinda fight,does not mean the fight can't be great...This is a misconception that a lot of boxing fans make...IMO..
          ...I promise you this fight will be nothing like Hagler SRL.

Leonard was flurrying with 10 punch combos off the ropes.

Ward will be clinching and head butting the entire night. While i'm aware that you have no problem with excessive headbutting feather fisted fighters.

Your enthusiasm is miss placed

Comment

i think it will turn out like alexander vs bradley . which was a snoozefest . hopefully im wrong....... but unfortunately im rarely wrong

Comment

What have Dawson and Ward done to show they can put it on the line or risk anything? I know all fights are not going to be Gatti/Ward. If I want that I will go to the local boxing events and see two guys swinging all crazy and throwing punches just trying to KO the opponent. For me, their style dont indicate a great fight. Neither guy is going to win each round decisively unless we get to see the old Bad Chad.

Comment

Of course its going to be a great fight. A terrific back & forth bout with all sorts of adjustments being made. These two are the best at their respective weights and I believe Dawson wont wait til later in the fight to bring out his A game like he did with Pascal.

Ward's a supreme technician so I'll be intrigued to see what his game plan is

Comment

I think you're crazy, it's gonna be a dull fight. Only enjoyable for those who like chess matches (I do).

Comment

Neither fighter is boring. I think its going to be a great fight. I want to see how Dawson reacts to Wards pressure. No, you're not crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      ...I promise you this fight will be nothing like Hagler SRL.

Leonard was flurrying with 10 punch combos off the ropes.

Ward will be clinching and head butting the entire night. While i'm aware that you have no problem with excessive headbutting feather fisted fighters.

Your enthusiasm is miss placed
                      I kind of agree with this, if this fight does end up being boring the blame will fall on Ward. The guy is gonna try to spoil and clinch/headbutt every 15 seconds, I think Dawson and his team should really press this issue with the ref and expect Ward to be penalized. Luckily Dawson just had experience with the true master of that style and will come prepared for it, he just needs to LET THEM DAMN HANDS GO MORE.

Comment

Working...
                      X