No announcement yet.

Windows 7 Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Help

I cant figure out for the life of me how to clear the internet cache for Windows 7. I tried the search feature on windows but it comes up with nothing. I have had this new computer for about 4 almost 5 months now and have not done it. It is supposed to speed up your system a tiny bit due to clearing out all the unneeded saved junk that you picked up while using the internet but on windows 7 it's different than on xp my last version of windows. Anyone know how to do this on windows 7? I'll green K ya if I can if not I'll shoot ya some points. Thanks

I have also cleared all cookies and saved history on firefox but I dont think thats the same thing.
    Last edited by rocco1252; 09-23-2010, 12:04 PM.

Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
    I cant figure out for the life of me how to clear the internet cache for Windows 7. I tried the search feature on windows but it comes up with nothing. I have had this new computer for about 4 almost 5 months now and have not done it. It is supposed to speed up your system a tiny bit due to clearing out all the unneeded saved junk that you picked up while using the internet but on windows 7 it's different than on xp my last version of windows. Anyone know how to do this on windows 7? I'll green K ya if I can if not I'll shoot ya some points. Thanks

I have also cleared all cookies and saved history on firefox but I dont think thats the same thing.
    Download this free software, it does that and other things.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

Comment

If you want to do it with windows 7 click start, control panel, system and security. Then you will see free up disk space at the bottom under administrative tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Punch View Post
        Download this free software, it does that and other things.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html
        i already have kapersky on here I dont want to download anything I dont need or have the things conflict with one another. I would prefer to just do the windows clearing cache by itself. thanks though

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Punch View Post
          If you want to do it with windows 7 click start, control panel, system and security. Then you will see free up disk space at the bottom under administrative tools.
          got up to system security dont have that only have system option then I clicked on tab at top that said system protection and nothing about clear up disk space actually checked all tabs and nothing offering that.

Comment

got up to system security dont have that only have system option then I clicked on tab at top that said system protection and nothing about clear up disk space actually checked all tabs and nothing offering that.
            try using the search option in the startup bar.,... type disk cleanup

Comment

red k me......

Comment

Waits for Breakbeat to come in here and talk about the superiority of Apple.

Comment

Maybe this will help you, TS..

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...ndows-7-cache/

Comment

i already have kapersky on here I dont want to download anything I dont need or have the things conflict with one another. I would prefer to just do the windows clearing cache by itself. thanks though
                    Kapersky is security software. The link i posted is for a tune up utility. There won't be any conflict. Like i said i'm using Windows 7 Ultimate. Click on start, control panel, system and security, then you will see disk clean up under administrative tools. I just did it myself.

Or follow this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-open-use.html
                    Last edited by Mr Punch; 09-23-2010, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X