No announcement yet.

Martirosyan rips Dzinziruk!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martirosyan rips Dzinziruk!

WBO junior middleweight champion Sergiy Dzinziruk (37-0, 23 KOs) hasn’t made a mandatory defense in over two years, has fought only once during the last 24 months, and has no fights scheduled at the moment. This irks undefeated junior middleweight contender Vanes “The Nightmare” Martirosyan (28-0, 17 KOs), who is tired of waiting in line. “I thought he came to the states to get fights,” said Martirosyan. “I have been calling his name for a long time and the question is, are you ever going to fight me and prove to the world that you are a real champion and not just a champion made overseas?”
    Martirosyan is currently ranked #3 by the WBO behind #1 Paul Williams and #2Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. However, after Williams’ knockout loss to Sergio Martinez, and with Chavez eyeing a potential fight with Miguel Cotto, it’s likely that Martirosyan will be Dzinziruk’s number #1 mandatory challenger soon.

“Sergiy will have to fight me soon or get stripped. Hopefully it will be sooner than later,” said Martirosyan.

Martirosyan’s manager Steven Feder added “There’s no doubt that Dzinziruk is ducking Vanes plain and simple. We can’t wait around any longer so we’re going to take a fight to stay busy but the time will come when one of these guys are mandatory and then there will be nowhere to hide.”
    Vanes vs Sergiy would be a great fight for 2011

This really should be made for 2011

Comment

Working...
    X