Comments Thread For: Peterson vs. Matthysse at 141-Pound Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Guess they don't want Peterson losing his belt
    guess they don't want mathysse to lose his status for the october danny garcia title fight

Comment

mathysee is getting f0cked over... he cant have the title even if he beats the champ .... golden girls are worse than arum .......

Comment

Originally posted by puga
        mathysee is getting f0cked over... he cant have the title even if he beats the champ .... golden girls are worse than arum .......
        I'm thinking GB promised him something behind closed doors for him to accept this...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I think its because the WBC ordered Matthysse vs. Garcia. They don't allow unifications so I guess since Peterson can't fight for the WBC title, they made a mutual agreement that neither the IBF title or the WBC interim title would be on the line for this fight.

I don't think its to "screw over" Matthysse.

If they wanted to screw over Matthysse they wouldn't allow him to hold his interim title win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
            I think its because the WBC ordered Matthysse vs. Garcia. They don't allow unifications so I guess since Peterson can't fight for the WBC title, they made a mutual agreement that neither the IBF title or the WBC interim title would be on the line for this fight.

I don't think its to "screw over" Matthysse.
            But Garcia still has two belts. He was ordered to drop one and still hasn't.

Comment

I wonder if the people going know Devon Alexander fights AFTER them? Lol..

Comment

There's no reason at all to stop this fight happening for the 140lb title. To whoever is responsible for this - please stop tarnishing the reputation of boxing even more so than it already is in its current state.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
                  But Garcia still has two belts. He was ordered to drop one and still hasn't.

If he doesn't fight Matthysse he would have to vacate though.

Matthysse can lose to Peterson and still be the WBC mando. He's in the same position he was before. He's not getting "screwed over" at all.

Comment

This is a bullshit move by GBP. How can people claim these guys are any different from every other crooked promoter we've seen. The fight should be for Peterson's belt regardless of any other considerations.

Comment

piss off.

**** this stupid sport. just let matthysse KO testosterone ass and be bloody done with it. lucas gets to have a belt halleh ****in' leuya then i'll stop moaning at the robberies and crap.

i swear to christ this has got to stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X