No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto's Ex-Trainer/Uncle Hopes Miguel Opts To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto's Ex-Trainer/Uncle Hopes Miguel Opts To Retire

Puerto Rico's Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs), a former three division champion, had a terrific performance last Saturday night in Las Vegas, when he traded punches for twelve rounds with Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) at the MGM Grand. Although he lost a twelve round unanimous decision, Cotto performed much better than anyone expected.

[Click Here To Read More]

If he himself is ready to retire i say have a farewell fight in Puerto Rico atleast.but i think he can definitely win another title,but it's his career and his choice

Comment

Evangelista needs to STFU, thats all!!

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
        Evangelista needs to STFU, thats all!!
        Why is it w/ you that everyone needs to STFU. You stay angry bro.

If Cotto wanted to bow out and if this was the last time I would remember him, I'd be thankful that he gave it all and brought back a little bit of that vintage in him.

I hope that Cotto gets another fight in 2012 and then goes to make a statement in 2013 and call it a career.

Comment

The worse uncle trainer in PR has been trying to retire Cotto since He beat Mosley. Right after He stopped checking Cotto's opponents wrap their hands and it was Margarito's acomplice on the worse plaster attack since the Resto assault.
          Evangelista has been trying to destroy Cotto for a long time and now is adding the envy of not been there to make history.
          Can live with them, can't train em.

Comment

No way should he retire. He didn't take any punishment last saturday and hasn't really taken any since he last fought Pac

Comment

Hard to argue with his uncles quotes.

If he's fighting for money, he should take on Canelo. If he's fighting for greatness, he should take on Sergio Martinez.

Comment

no he should retire with a W there are plenty of options for him to make money n capture belts to be a 7 or 8 time champion he can go down to 147 fight paulie in a rematch in the barclay arena go back up to 154 n fight k9 v.s spinks winner n then maybe berto or ortiz then retire

Comment

Cotto didn't look shot on Sat. or anything. He's still very much in the mix at 154 against anyone not named Mayweather.

Plus the $$$ to be made??!!

someone is butthurt

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    No way should he retire. He didn't take any punishment last saturday and hasn't really taken any since he last fought Pac
                    Exactly. Pacquiao was getting knocked out by Torrecampo and Singsurat, and didn't take punishment. He either had his eyes crossed or quit from a body shot. And that jab by Hussein got Pacquiao to start,well.......dent, dent, dent dent dent deeeeeeeeeeeeent!

Comment

Working...
                    X