Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
    Really tho.

Who really gives a **** about rep?

I'm almost tempted to make some idiotic comments just to get put in red and show I give two ****s about Karma.
    Teenage virgins probably is my guess.

Comment

So as you can see im in the red k dept but have never cared about that. I come on here to discuss boxing and debate it and that is all. I have better things to do then worry about what my profile looks like or how much cred I have on an internet site. I know boxing and I can see some of you know boxing too but some of you take this a little to serious IMO.

Comment

why don't you give him your account Bushbaby and make a new one

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          That a man can be able to disect boxing to this level & dept, however have negitive karma when he clearly knows the sport. Can we try & help this man out?

Just because a boxing fan doesn't adore the guys you do,, that's no reason to act childish.
          Guess you missed it when he called Hearns no better then Paul Williams and said Hagler was one dimensional.....
          Last edited by MJ223; 02-13-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            Guess you missed it when he called Hearns no better then Paul Williams and said Hagler was one dimensional.....
            Lol, never saw those.

Comment

***** obviously so! Hearns long right hand sleeps anyone between 147-160. And Hagler? Man when Vito says that he was glad Hagler was screwed so he didn't have to face him, that's not 1 dementional in the slightest. Forget this tread. I'm ashamed now.

Comment

I missed that gem of a thread.

I tried to have a decent converstaton, but when he started to say Barrera was overrated and shot after junior jones fight, I gave up.

I mean Barrera beat Prince Naseem Hamed, Erik Morales II, Johnny Tapia, Paulie Ayala and a host of other talent FW's and he is some how overrated and not good...smh.

Comment

I doubt that any of the Fab 4 would have beaten Floyd in a round robin.

Duran was great but lost nearly every time he stepped up to the best of his day and even then sometimes against those who weren't the best of his day. The Laing fight comes to mind. Also too many unavenged losses.

Tommy Hearns was a dynamite puncher but had trouble landing dynamite against the best of the best. His defeat by the limited Hagler exposed Hearns' own limitations. As I said in a different post, being great in ONE ASPECT doesn't make you great ALL AROUND. Another one with unavenged losses.

Hagler was the MW version of Joe Frazier. I don't see Floyd having ANY problems with Hagler after watching what Willie Monroe did to him. Hell, even Ray Leonard was able to steal rounds after he was finished as a top fighter. You've got to be kidding.

Ray Leonard, as I've said before, is probably thee most talented of the four. Still, there is nothing that Ray could do that Mayweather doesn't aside from shoe-shining. Ray wasted a lot of punches and Floyd jr is 100 times the counter puncher that his father was. Floyd jr is more accurate that Ray was and he is in much better shape. Down the stretch conditioning would IMO have played a huge role. I have seen Ray Leonard tired. No one has EVER seen Floyd Mayweather tired.

None of these guys has moved up as much as Floyd has and remained undefeated doing it against #1 & 2 competition.

In your minds, competition from other eras was stiffer and better. Truth is though, in EVERY sport the medicine, training methods and technology gets better and more advanced. Therefore so do the athletes.

Only those who hold nostalgia as the scale to be weighed on say such foolish things like "old fighters would kill today's fighters".

Get real. I hold the golden era's fighters in high reverence as well, but I don't delude myself into believing that they are better than the methods that they were trained under. What they did and how they trained may have seemed more gritty and therefore more "badasss", but its hardly the way to gauge the gap between today's fighters and yesterday's stars.

Roy Jones, Floyd Mayweather, Kostya Tszyu and Ricardo Lopez would have taken the Fabulous Four a lot easier than some of your are willing to admit.

That's another post though.

COURTESY OF BROTHER JAY in the May is underrated thread..... He has more gems but I didn't feel like looking for em + you don't need to see that many post to see what I already know

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    ***** obviously so! Hearns long right hand sleeps anyone between 147-160. And Hagler? Man when Vito says that he was glad Hagler was screwed so he didn't have to face him, that's not 1 dementional in the slightest. Forget this tread. I'm ashamed now.
                    Don't be, Brother Jay runs a good game. The first paragraph or two will be sensible, and you'll think you're reading something from someone who knows something. Then the post always ends with something that leaves you thinking Brother Jay has never seen the sport before. It's quite impressive sometimes.

Comment

I doubt that any of the Fab 4 would have beaten Floyd in a round robin.

Duran was great but lost nearly every time he stepped up to the best of his day and even then sometimes against those who weren't the best of his day. The Laing fight comes to mind. Also too many unavenged losses.

Tommy Hearns was a dynamite puncher but had trouble landing dynamite against the best of the best. His defeat by the limited Hagler exposed Hearns' own limitations. As I said in a different post, being great in ONE ASPECT doesn't make you great ALL AROUND. Another one with unavenged losses.

Hagler was the MW version of Joe Frazier. I don't see Floyd having ANY problems with Hagler after watching what Willie Monroe did to him. Hell, even Ray Leonard was able to steal rounds after he was finished as a top fighter. You've got to be kidding.

Ray Leonard, as I've said before, is probably thee most talented of the four. Still, there is nothing that Ray could do that Mayweather doesn't aside from shoe-shining. Ray wasted a lot of punches and Floyd jr is 100 times the counter puncher that his father was. Floyd jr is more accurate that Ray was and he is in much better shape. Down the stretch conditioning would IMO have played a huge role. I have seen Ray Leonard tired. No one has EVER seen Floyd Mayweather tired.

None of these guys has moved up as much as Floyd has and remained undefeated doing it against #1 & 2 competition.

In your minds, competition from other eras was stiffer and better. Truth is though, in EVERY sport the medicine, training methods and technology gets better and more advanced. Therefore so do the athletes.

Only those who hold nostalgia as the scale to be weighed on say such foolish things like "old fighters would kill today's fighters".

Get real. I hold the golden era's fighters in high reverence as well, but I don't delude myself into believing that they are better than the methods that they were trained under. What they did and how they trained may have seemed more gritty and therefore more "badasss", but its hardly the way to gauge the gap between today's fighters and yesterday's stars.

Roy Jones, Floyd Mayweather, Kostya Tszyu and Ricardo Lopez would have taken the Fabulous Four a lot easier than some of your are willing to admit.

That's another post though.

COURTESY OF BROTHER JAY in the May is underrated thread..... He has more gems but I didn't feel like looking for em + you don't need to see that many post to see what I already know
                      Holy sh**, perfect example of what I just posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X