No announcement yet.

Marquez Sets Conditions For Pacquiao Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mesher View Post
    Mmmm Pac is giving JMM a 4th shot at beating him and JMM is now acting like the queen of France? WTF man just take the fight you fool, it'll be the last shot you get.
    OMG you guys just don't understand what JMM is really trying to do here, you really don't. SMH

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Are you so dense that you can't see the hand forcing going on here? Let me lay it out for you in simple terms, even the most diehard nuthugger can understand.....

1.) Pacquiao is not going to accept these terms, right? I think everybody can agree on that. So with no Marquez bout on the table, he will be forced to look for a fight with someone else, correct?

Good, glad you're still following me. Now then...

2.) What's the biggest fight to be made in boxing right now? Mayweather/Pacquiao. So this becomes the obvious choice.

If Pacquiao ducks Mayweather, to fight Bradley or anybody other than Mayweather, he'll be crucified for it in the court of public opinion, and you *******s will start dropping off this forum like flies.

MAYWEATHER OR BUST.

Thanks for playing.
    You just laweyed that guy. Well done.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Great stuff. Basically kills any chance of a fourth fight, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Make Pacquiao fight Mayweather.
    Yes! Finally someone gets it.

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
    marquez is being delusional,

I mean asking for 10 mills is ok, hell He should ask for 15mills, but ask for Pac to admit defeat(in a fight that could had gone either way) is ludacris, and to make the WBO change the desicion to a No Contest is ridiculous!!

Asking for the fight to be in Mexico is not unrealistic but is very very much imposible to happend.

Pacquiao will either fight, Mayweather, Bradley or Cotto, he dont really need JMM
    That's the point numnuts!

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
    Unfortunately all of these conditions are a fantasy in Marquez's head.
    Of course they are, JMM is doing it on propose, he want's to stick it to Team Arum. Get it?!
    Last edited by fceeviper; 11-16-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• I think he does want the re match but is just still understandably reeling with anger that he's been ripped off 3 times. It's disgusting.

Now it's not quite so clear cut, they were all close fights. But imagine if you were him, right now.

It's too early for him to make realistic, non emotional comments as to a 4th match without his anger and a reaction coming into it.

The changing the decision thing is not for Manny, take that out there may be a slight chance they can negotiate something.

I think JMM loses a 4th match though and it might leave us all with an empty feeling. It would make the records seem Pac finally stamped that he's better. But that's not the reality. JMM out of his weight class and at 38, just beat Pac. Asking anything more 6 months down the line, is surely too much.

Comment

• How about Marquez just watch the fight and acknowledge he got his ass whooped?

This list of demands are embarrasing

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          i wouldn't blame pacquiao for not wanting to fight in mexico soon after what happened on saturday. if the drug cartels don't go after him once he steps off the plane then you can bet the entire country will. **** i'd rather see floyd vs pac next and then jmm right after.
          Why would the mexican drug cartels care about a boxing match? If anything, it might even put a cease-fire when these two gets it on, similar to how crimes drops in the Philippines when Manny fights.

TBH, I don't think JMM will get Mexico venue for the 4th fight... demand more money, that's really all he can do. $10mm is a good figure to retire with.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
            I think he does want the re match but is just still understandably reeling with anger that he's been ripped off 3 times. It's disgusting.

Now it's not quite so clear cut, they were all close fights. But imagine if you were him, right now.

It's too early for him to make realistic, non emotional comments as to a 4th match without his anger and a reaction coming into it.

The changing the decision thing is not for Manny, take that out there may be a slight chance they can negotiate something.

I think JMM loses a 4th match though and it might leave us all with an empty feeling. It would make the records seem Pac finally stamped that he's better. But that's not the reality. JMM out of his weight class and at 38, just beat Pac. Asking anything more 6 months down the line, is surely too much.
            Deep in me, I want Pac vs JMM 4 to happen immediately, like in January or something...
            So both of them are still angry and the wounds are still fresh for them to prove they are the better fighter.
            But Floyd is talking now, so I'd rather have Manny take that fight first... JMM can get it in November 2012.

This goes for both Pac and JMM, if neither can KO each other, then this quadrilogy is a draw on all counts.

Comment

• Marquez is putting up these crazy conditions as a negotiating tactic.

When he says 10mill, he's really aiming for 8mill.

The fight being in Mexico should not be a problem. That's not a crazy condition at all. It would be fun to watch/hear the crazy sold out crowd in Azteca Stadium or w/e is called.

The fight being turned to an NC is just him being rightfully angry and emotional and he knows it's not gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
              X