Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta give props to Oscar for Staying true to his word and making the best fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta give props to Oscar for Staying true to his word and making the best fights

I am not trying to sht on Al Haymon or Top Rank but what Golden Boy Promotions is doing is amazing for us fans.

They don't have an stacked stable like they used to, but they sure are matching their only "name" fighters with the highest challenges available.

You have Canelo fighting Cotto. You have Lemiux fighting fckin Gennady Golovkin. You have Matthysse who just beat Ruslan and is now fighting Postol next.

They are also trying to match Sadam Ali against Timothy Bradley.

Oscar and GBP are risking having their star fighters take losses to other companie's fighters but in the meantime they are giving us some good ass fights and that's all that should matter

cotton vs canelo is the only decent fight,ggg vs this prospect is nothing to be hyped about,just another guy for ggg to look decent agianst

Comment

He has to take risks because his stable is so small. Back when he had everyone, he was putting on plenty of **** fights and protecting his fighters. He's putting his guys in dangerous fights now because he's desperate.

Comment

Wow, NSB always turning postives into negatives smh lol

Comment

Yes he has been making great fights unlike Haymon who could be having all those good welterweights fight each other but has them fighting Diaz and Collazo and other very average and safe opponents. His boys may never lose but they will never impress the fans either.

Comment

I'm a Oscar hater but have to agree

Gb is doing better then I thought they'd do without Shaeffer/Haymon support as a boxing fan their matchups have been pretty good this year. They should be given props for Matthysse/Ruslan & Canelo/Cotto

Their not going down without a fight but I guess I shouldn't expect anything less coming from Oscar & Bernard.

Comment

Not bad for GBP and they said his business would tank

Comment

Call me when GBP has a stable of 160 fighters. Cotto is 120 years old and that's supposed to be the best available fight out there? It's not like Canelo is facing GGG.

Comment

He always made great figths look at 2013 was one of the best year in boxing, but then when he got infiltrated by Haymon boxing has literally been in a decline in form of great boxing matched.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
                    I am not trying to sht on Al Haymon or Top Rank but what Golden Boy Promotions is doing is amazing for us fans.

They don't have an stacked stable like they used to, but they sure are matching their only "name" fighters with the highest challenges available.

You have Canelo fighting Cotto. You have Lemiux fighting fckin Gennady Golovkin. You have Matthysse who just beat Ruslan and is now fighting Postol next.

They are also trying to match Sadam Ali against Timothy Bradley.

Oscar and GBP are risking having their star fighters take losses to other companie's fighters but in the meantime they are giving us some good ass fights and that's all that should matter
                    Bradley is fighting Rios in Nov. Cotto/Canelo is not the best fight, but the most lucrative. Canelo/GGG is the best fight, but we understand why Cotto/Canelo is being made first.

I am surprised he made GGG/Lemuiex instead of Canelo/Lemeuix first, but my guess is HBO forced his hand.

He is keeping his company profitable and is making fights fans want to see so he dserves credit.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-09-2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X