No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Guillermo Rigondeaux Will Remain With Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
    I know the donaire and arce fights are key points in negotiations with top rank. I know top rank has a brand new deal set up for him , so we'll see, the old one was a joke from what I have heard.
    I don't think that $200,000 is a joke for a 122 pounder with 10 fights......

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
      if this was a real deal gbp offered him , rigo must be dumb as hell to stay with top rank or arum must've pointed a gun to his head or some ****... hell, not even montiel or nonito got that much when they fought yet rigo got offered that much with his 10-0 ass? lol
      Why you think Dan Rafael said in his article when the drama was going on that Hyde wanted to sign the GBP deal, and it was always said to me before i knew the numbers that the GBP deal was a no brainer

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        if you compare it to the gbp deal then it is, otherwise no its not

Comment

Why you think Dan Rafael said in his article when the drama was going on that Hyde wanted to sign the GBP deal, and it was always said to me before i knew the numbers that the GBP deal was a no brainer
          if it was a no brainer , and rigo still chose TR , rigo must be the no brainer...could it be that the numbers were exaggerted and there was a fine print to that deal?...or rigo was just that dumb...those are the only sensible options why he turned it down...

Comment

Gary hyde , rigos manager said to "el nuevo herald " that bob arum had increase the ofer to keep promoting rigo to 6 figures .... And that it wolud be considered , they had golden boy proposition already . So it must have been a lot better when rigo and hide have accepted it.go rigo , show them you are one of the best pounders in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              no doubt , montiel got 300k when he fought nonito and he was already a veteran and a p4p fighter with a good following...

hell, 150k is generous pay for a guy like rigo imo(good for him).....and gbp wanted to triple that? ...yet rigo refused to sign with them?...lol, it just does'nt add up imo

Comment

The GBP offer i think was something like 400-450k a fight no matter the opponent and it was a 3 fight deal if im not mistaking

let me just say something though,as of it right now rigo still a free agent (nothing has been signed yet)
                WTF? HBO and Showtime will never pay Rigo that much with the exception of one fight against Donaire. GB would lose money.

Comment

Rigo is doing just fine. He'll make plenty of coin before the day is done.

Comment

Well, after this I don't want to hear any more about how Rigo's promoter isn't doing a good job with him.

He has chosen the promoter he wanted.

Comment

Rigo staring at the dangling Donaire carrot.

Comment

Working...
                      X