No announcement yet.

Calzaghe Diehard Stans, Come In Here. *Dawson Related*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
    Omg, why is simple English so difficult to understand. I never said Lacy was as good as Dawson, I just said that if Calzaghe wins, the American audience will downplay he result.

I want Calzaghe to fight Dawson and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't because I think Dawson is a very dangerous opponent.
    This is so false I don't even know where to begin. I read it time and time again. Let's end it once and for all.

Prior to Jeff Lacy, Calzaghe was considered one of the two best super middleweights in the world and a top 20 fighter pound for pound. By destroying Lacy, Calzaghe catapulted into the top ten of every pound for pound ranking and top five in most. So obviously the Lacy win counted for something, didn't it? Perhaps it garnered some kind of respect, wouldn't you say?

Yet somehow you think if he beats Dawson, he won't get respect? Nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
      Lol, I'll remember that!
      Mate remember right it down, but the fight wont happen, because Joe aint got the plums for it. I would gladly give Joe his props and revear him for the great fighter he is, if he beats Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
        Erm beating the undisputed Middleweight champion makes Pavliks resume greater than Calzaghe's, 6 months ago

Also, Hopkins is 43 years old and everyone wants him to retire. Calzaghe's best boxing year was last year and hence is still in his fighting prime. Its not like he's been fighting top Champion all his life, where as Hopkins has.

Hopkins has nothing to prove, Calzaghe on the other hand has.
        Yeah, the same fighter who had questionable decisions and less than impressive wins during his reign. Taylor was nothing special, Calzaghe beat a better fighter in Mikkel Kessler.

Comment

Another lame thread dissing calzaghe.I think you will find that 90% of his supporters think that chad dawson is the only meaningful fight left for him.look at the flak he has had to take for beating hopkins,and that was a **** fight that no one except for bhop and his die hard supporters want to see again.I think the dawson fight should it happen will be a proper fight,good to watch,and dawson does deserve the fight.I fully expect joe to win it,and should he do that I also expect to hear the same tired old bollocks about dawson being overrated,just the same as pavlik has had to endure post hopkins.until joe states his intentions we will just have to wait and see
          Last edited by Roger Mellie; 02-03-2009, 08:20 AM. Reason: missed word

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            Mate remember right it down, but the fight wont happen, because Joe aint got the plums for it. I would gladly give Joe his props and revear him for the great fighter he is, if he beats Dawson.
            True,and if chad beats calzaghe I wouldnt wanna hear any ****e about him being old,overrated,slapper and all the other boneheaded nonsense.In my eyes he would be the real deal

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
              Yeah, the same fighter who had questionable decisions and less than impressive wins during his reign. Taylor was nothing special, Calzaghe beat a better fighter in Mikkel Kessler.
              Playing Devil's Advocate here...who has Kessler beaten to prove he's better than Taylor?

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
                True,and if chad beats calzaghe I wouldnt wanna hear any ****e about him being old,overrated,slapper and all the other boneheaded nonsense.In my eyes he would be the real deal
                If Joe beat Dawson i will make a thread dedicated Joe's greatness and i would be happy to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                  If Joe beat Dawson i will make a thread dedicated Joe's greatness and i would be happy to do it.
                  And likewise,I will make a shrine to the chadmeister

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Playing Devil's Advocate here...who has Kessler beaten to prove he's better than Taylor?
                    Just personal opinion, shame Taylor's promoter doesn't want to put him in with Kessler to prove my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
                      Just personal opinion, shame Taylor's promoter doesn't want to put him in with Kessler to prove my point.
                      Your personal opinion is one thing - and I do have the fight a toss-up with a slight edge to Mikkel, perhaps. But in boxing, fighters are ultimately measured by who they beat. And Taylor ranks higher than Kessler in that category.

Comment

Working...
                      X