No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs Michalczewski 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins vs Michalczewski 175

Michalczewski was presseur fighter like Calzaghe but with better punching power,he wasnt master of footwork but he could cut of the ring well,I would go With Dariusz in this one.

Thoughts?

I'd go with Dariusz by UD. His workrate would've been too high for the 175lb Hopkins. That's also the reason I picked the 175lbs version of Glenn Johnson to beat Nard after Nard beat Tarver. Johnson wanted the rematch, but Hopkins never gave it to him.

It's funny, after Hopkins beat Trinidad, and came to an impass for a RJJ rematch, he called out Michalczewski (as well as Ottke). Michalczewski made him an offer to fight in Germany, but that was all that ever came of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      I'd go with Dariusz by UD. His workrate would've been too high for the 175lb Hopkins. That's also the reason I picked the 175lbs version of Glenn Johnson to beat Nard after Nard beat Tarver. Johnson wanted the rematch, but Hopkins never gave it to him.

It's funny, after Hopkins beat Trinidad, and came to an impass for a RJJ rematch, he called out Michalczewski (as well as Ottke). Michalczewski made him an offer to fight in Germany, but that was all that ever came of it.
      I don't think I'd want to fight in Germany, you'd have to win every round just to get a draw.

Comment

Dariusz wins. I always hated spelling his dam name

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
          I don't think I'd want to fight in Germany, you'd have to win every round just to get a draw.
          Yeah back then, Germany was notorious for home decisions, don't seem to be at all anymore though. Ottke got a couple bad ones, especially the Robin Reid fight. The only bad decision I recall DM getting was over Rocky, and Rocky was a native German (just less favored by the promoters).

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Dariusz wins. I always hated spelling his dam name
            well his my countryman so its easy

I met him in Warsaw his cool guy and he like to party,also signs autographs left and right.

Comment

I can't pick a winner so I'll call it a draw. Hopkins has never been a true light heavyweight. He is an all time great middleweight and fought at 160 until age 41. You don't grow at age 41. I though Hopkins edged Calzaghe out but that fight was close.Hopkins was much further past prime than Calzaghe at that time. Pound for pound Hopkins is better than Joe or Michalczewski in my opinion.

Comment

Yeah back then, Germany was notorious for home decisions, don't seem to be at all anymore though. Ottke got a couple bad ones, especially the Robin Reid fight. The only bad decision I recall DM getting was over Rocky, and Rocky was a native German (just less favored by the promoters).
                I think Germany is still unfair to foreign fighters who fight German champions much of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think Germany is still unfair to foreign fighters who fight German champions much of the time.
                  Soliman & Geale got big wins. Murray deserved to lose vs Abraham and even Sturm. I thought Macklin could've went either way. I think as far as favorable judging/reff'ing go, it has everything to do with the promoter and market-level of the fighter - but that happens absolutely everywhere. The UK seems to have he most questionable judging at the moment.

Comment

Soliman & Geale got big wins. Murray deserved to lose vs Abraham and even Sturm. I thought Macklin could've went either way. I think as far as favorable judging/reff'ing go, it has everything to do with the promoter and market-level of the fighter - but that happens absolutely everywhere. The UK seems to have he most questionable judging at the moment.
                    it works both ways Sturm was ****ed vs ODLH too ,germans was afraid to get robbed in USA too,also gloves ,ring and things like that,it allways better to fight in your background.

Comment

Working...
                    X