Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's (or anyone's) Right To Free Speech OR The Hurt Feelings Of Gay People?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
    Freedom of Speech doesn't mean that you won't face backlash for the things you say. All it means is that the government cannot censor or punish you for the things that you do say. That also means that when a company like Nike sponsors you, and then you go and say some offensive **** like that, they have every right to drop you, just like now the NBA dropped Donald Sterling. You can say whatever you want, but you also have to be prepared for what follows. All the **** Manny's getting is on him. You can't blame a whole group of people for being upset when someone goes out and publicly compares them to animals.
    I always thought that move was horse****.

They FORCED him to sell something that he bought with his own money that he owned.

I know what you mean... but that was a bad example imo....

oh yea.... fuck sterling btw.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      I always thought that move was horse****.

They FORCED him to sell something that he bought with his own money that he owned.

I know what you mean... but that was a bad example imo....

oh yea.... fuck sterling btw.
      Right, and I can see why that doesn't sit well with people, but his team was one of many that is under the NBA. They had every right to get rid of him, just like he had every right to say what he said.

Comment

He does have freedom of speech. He didn't get arrested for what he said.

Free speech does not equal free of consequences.

That said I hate that phucking Nike is acting high and mighty. Child labor f'in Nike? Lmao. I wish Pacquiao would call them out on that. Would love to hear their response.

Comment

My sister is a lesbian,she gives no ****s about Pacquiao's comments,literally zero ****s is giving by her.She said all the people who are affected by those comments need to do more in life and get a ****ing one!

Her words not mine ahahaha

ZERO ****S

Comment

Winston Churchill once said : "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others"

It's not a case of which one is more important.

People should be able to speak what's on their mind but they also should be allowed to **** whoever they want.

Pacquiao is a religious, uneducated famous person so obviously the comments like this one cause an outrage, especially in the Era of social media.

But this thing has been blown out of proportion, it's a witch-hunt at this point.

Honestly, I'm ****in sick of this always politically correct generation.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
              My sister is a lesbian,she gives no ****s about Pacquiao's comments,literally zero ****s is giving by her.She said all the people who are affected by those comments need to do more in life and get a ****ing one!

Her words not mine ahahaha

ZERO ****S
              I think most gay people think this way.

The only ones who are 'deeply offended' by his comments are gay people who are gay even for a gay person, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                I think most gay people think this way.

The only ones who are 'deeply offended' by his comments are gay people who are gay even for a gay person, if you know what I mean.
                Point taken lol.Have some green my man

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  He does have freedom of speech. He didn't get arrested for what he said.

Free speech does not equal free of consequences.

That said I hate that phucking Nike is acting high and mighty. Child labor f'in Nike? Lmao. I wish Pacquiao would call them out on that. Would love to hear their response.
                  This lol. He got his free speech cause he can say whatever the Fuk he wants and is still gonna get millions in a few weeks. Doesn't mean he's not a dumbass though

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Oh man laughs for days in this thread - A Gay conservative , Gay Republicans, Gay Christian sound legit. But Im the nut and BTW Im not a Religious fanatic or affiliated to any party.
                    Your naivety astounds me.

http://observer.com/2012/05/top-10-p...y-republicans/

That took about 20 seconds. And of course that is probably just the tip of the iceberg. For the obvious reasons many, probably most GLB republicans / conservatives may not wish to advertise their sexuality. It is what it is. Either way it has little relevance to the issue of whether or not they have the right to be protected from discrimination - exactly like everyone else.

Comment

I support Pac for his views.

Comment

Working...
                      X