Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs. Ricky Hatton at 140 pounds. Who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cotto vs. Ricky Hatton at 140 pounds. Who would have won?

In their primes?
    Miguel Cotto
    78.99%
    Ricky Hatton
    21.01%

My first post ever on this forum was about this fight.

Ahhhh, memories.

I'd pick Cotto to end it by body shot in the championship rounds.

Comment

Cotto would have given Hatton the beating of his life. I am talking about brutal, vicious beating.

Comment

Cotto would have beaten Hatton. It would be closer than some people are saying though.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          Cotto would have given Hatton the beating of his life. I am talking about brutal, vicious beating.
          Cotto would have broke his ass down!

Comment

1/31/06 at 9:55 p.m.

"Hi folks this is my first post on this site, but I have lurked here for a minute, and have been impressed with the amount of knowledge that you guy's have on the fight game. Having only seen one of Hatton's fight's (maussa) I was pretty impressed. ****, the only reason why I ordered the fight was because of his suprising win (because of my ignorance)over KT. I've watched several of Cotto's fights, and he has been shaky at times, but i was impressed with his performance over abduleav(sp). Hatton, being prone to cuts, could be in trouble if Cotto stays outside and picks away, but I doubt Hatton is going to give him a chance to breath. Both are good body punchers, slight edge to Cotto because of what I have seen with my own two eye's. Hopefully this fight happens soon. My pick... Cotto TKO in the 10th."

Comment

Would be a very good fight with lots of back and forth action but I pick Cotto by late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                1/31/06 at 9:55 p.m.

"Hi folks this is my first post on this site, but I have lurked here for a minute, and have been impressed with the amount of knowledge that you guy's have on the fight game. Having only seen one of Hatton's fight's (maussa) I was pretty impressed. ****, the only reason why I ordered the fight was because of his suprising win (because of my ignorance)over KT. I've watched several of Cotto's fights, and he has been shaky at times, but i was impressed with his performance over abduleav(sp). Hatton, being prone to cuts, could be in trouble if Cotto stays outside and picks away, but I doubt Hatton is going to give him a chance to breath. Both are good body punchers, slight edge to Cotto because of what I have seen with my own two eye's. Hopefully this fight happens soon. My pick... Cotto TKO in the 10th."
                Ha ha.

Time flies doesn't it?

Comment

A prime 140lb Hatton beats a shaky 140lb Cotto IMO

I can just see Hattons jittery style, the angles, footspeed, everything giving Cotto an absolute nightmare.

But its pointless going into styles etc because as always this will only be a Boxingscene fan favourite poll with everyone voting Cotto with very few actually basing it on anything.

Comment

50/50 IMO. Hatton was better at 140 than cotto

Comment

Working...
                    X