Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any US citizens would rather live somewhere else ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    that's probably some sort of aptitude test, like the SAT.
    I suppose, or ACT (which is what I took.) Here pretty much anyone though can get into a community college (even with a GED) and then transfer to a state uni.

here in my state we had the MCAS. if you scored over a certain level and you qualified for the program (baiscally showing financial hardship through personal financial statements of your parents,) you could get a free ride for tuition at the state schools.
    Sounds like a pretty cool program, state run ones tend to be better and more efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      the world HATES us

they hate us.

it's going to be hard finding out the truth about america unless you live here for that reason. we're far from perfect, obviously, but there's a reason that americans have accomplished so much and brought so much to the world.
      yeh dude, i could give you professors (not going to obviously) names here that will swear unless your rich you cant be a scientist in the US.

And yeh "we" do kinda hate you, but we loved you 20 years ago when i was a kid, our greatest allies!

its ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
        I know this site is mostly US guys, and you are rightfully proud to be Americans.

But over here (in Australia) we hear story after story about people left behind by your seemingly unforgiving quest for a pure capitalist society.

I grew up until 15 in the UK and would never ever swap my life to go go back there because of the oppotunities i have been given here.

Still in sport im always England and always will be, but dam How can your defend the **** that goes on there ?
        You're asking do I get tired of pursuing freedom?

No.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post

No.
          Since 9 11 you have had your government take more and more of your freedom away and that trend continues. Your constitution has been eroded.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post

No.
            yeh of course not, fair enough.

but you guys have a **** load of cash, surely.

I know alot of it is media crap but cmon? get the homeless off your streets etc.

We are behind your war on terror, were losing kids too !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post

We also have a population of 350,000, 000 people that is constantly growing; and a whole lot of debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                Since 9 11 you have had your government take more and more of your freedom away and that trend continues. Your constitution has been eroded.
                Wouldn't argue with that; although I think the extent is often exaggerated.
                Last edited by res; 10-27-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Furn;12642913]

QUOTE]

No the US has a load of debt, all the quantative easing does is dilute the value of the $ and increase debt. The debt is killing the US.

Comment

I think I would actually enjoy Russia or Eastern Europe the best, really identify with the culture. But I don't know any of the languages, was a pretty bad student of Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      The problem in America is the different culture gaps between rich and poor, with no sign of how to improve it. It has nothing to do with our education system; it's about parenting and changes in society. So many poor children (and the number is growing) are growing up in either single-parent households or with other family members, and these kids guardians simply can't put the time in to teaching their children and getting them on a equal level. You can't teach a kid everything he/she needs to know in life during their daily school session. Single parents, who are usually working fulltime, can't give their kids the time they need, and often time those parents are a product of the aforementioned cycle and are very uneducated themselves.

It's a problem neither the state nor federal government can do anything about, but the subject makes a lot of people uncomfortable. People are blaming the US education system for low standards, yet there is immense pressure to accommodate these children who are at a severe disadvantage by making courses easier. Schools that fail everyone get shut down, after all. It is virtually impossible to fail high school if you attend class these days.

So, there's a little bit of what's going on here. It's not some evil scheme, it's just a deep problem that no one has an answer to yet.
                      Those are definitely a couple problems plaguing America.

Another problem is that the general public has a resentment of success. I'm not sure when it started but I blame Ayn Rand for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X