Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, when did Lil Wayne officially "fall off" or "sell out"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he started rapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Wangler Jr View Post

I remember me and my friends being high as **** one night at someone's apartment and that song came on and it was the funniest **** ever because we had just watched this lol

Comment

Wayne is still pretty good I think. The moment he turned to rock was his downfall though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rabbit Punch- View Post
          Discuss

Poll coming
          lil wayne was always wack and he raps about sucking on lollipops and uses lollipops as a metaphor to cover up his secret ****sexuality and love of sucking cocks....true story...nyahaha!

Comment

Post Carter II. That was actually some fire. Lyrics were on point. Made sense. Didn't have all the weird metaphors he be tossing around now and the slow dumbed-down rhymes today.

Comment

Stupid question, dude has always been a pop rap act. He's never been an underground or hardcore hip hop rapper.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                Stupid question, dude has always been a pop rap act. He's never been an underground or hardcore hip hop rapper.
                Stupid answer, never said he was. I asked when he fell off because everyone hates him (me included) and was wondering if some were fans once and why/when they started hating him. Prior to his recent success I never really heard opinions on Lil Wayne and you cannot deny that he's taken his "pop act" to a new level.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rabbit Punch- View Post
                  Stupid answer, never said he was. I asked when he fell off because everyone hates him (me included) and was wondering if some were fans once and why/when they started hating him. Prior to his recent success I never really heard opinions on Lil Wayne and you cannot deny that he's taken his "pop act" to a new level.
                  Originally posted by -Rabbit Punch-
                  In your opinion, when did Lil Wayne officially "fall off" or "sell out"?
                  My response was appropriate and accurate in regards to your question. The world first heard Lil Wayne from "Back That Ass Up".

"Now after you back it up and stop, now drop drop drop it like its hot"

Then came The Block Is Hot which followed the same formula as the rest of the Cash Money albums. He's always been a club rapper.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Wayne is still pretty good I think. The moment he turned to rock was his downfall though.
                    He oversaturated himself.

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                    Post Carter II. That was actually some fire. Lyrics were on point. Made sense. Didn't have all the weird metaphors he be tossing around now and the slow dumbed-down rhymes today.
                    While I personally don't think that album is lyrically strong and a step down from Tha Carter 1 , I do think he changed his style and made it worse after Carter II. I agree that's when he went from "eh" to pure garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      My response was appropriate and accurate in regards to your question. The world first heard Lil Wayne from "Back That Ass Up".

"Now after you back it up and stop, now drop drop drop it like its hot"

Then came The Block Is Hot which followed the same formula as the rest of the Cash Money albums. He's always been a club rapper.
                      Yeah but Wayne has been heavily involved in the mixtape scene since 2003 despite his commercial success (which imo really skyrocketed post Carter II) but something happened and he changed his entire style to something that is unbearable. To me there's a big difference in the target audience he tried to reach out to when he made Lollipop. I feel while his music has always been commercial that his mic skills have diminished. I can't understand why he's more popular now than ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X