Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Hopes Brother Mikey is Back in First Half of 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Garcia's are so stupid. You don't waste away your prime years even if you have the ****iest contract in boxing. He was still making good money.

You can't just wake up one day and say, ooh I'm back and I'll be as good as I used to be. Unless you're dosing like Lance Armstrong, it just doesn't work out in any sport

Comment

This coward belongs with pbc. He wanted easy fights with big paydays and as soon as Arum wanted him in with Gamboa he sued. I'm glad Arum sat his ass on the shelf

Comment

Can't complain about Arum, unlike the sheer vast majority of boxers Mikey has a sibling who has been on the big stage and has dealt with contracts and should've been looking out for his well being. Clearly all parties were happy with the contract then....until Mikey had a name. I don't begrudge anyone wanting to get more money but c'mon Mikey has been paid better than most of the fighters of his class and in his divisions. Grow a personality and get some of that out of the ring Tecate money.

Comment

Can't complain about Arum, unlike the sheer vast majority of boxers Mikey has a sibling who has been on the big stage and has dealt with contracts and should've been looking out for his well being. Clearly all parties were happy with the contract then....until Mikey had a name. I don't begrudge anyone wanting to get more money but c'mon Mikey has been paid better than most of the fighters of his class and in his divisions. Grow a personality and get some of that out of the ring Tecate money.

What was the exact problem with the contract? I believe Chavez Jr. complained of a hidden extension clause once he reached the end of his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
            ducking gamboa ruined his prime...im a fan, but it took a while for me to accept that as the truth.
            Gamboa would have scraped his as$, anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              Gamboa would have scraped his as$, anyways...
              gamboa has even proven a loss is better than time away..bc u could be just like him and lose and still be inactive..

but the best champs can take a loss and get right back in the saddle..ppl give broner hell, but he took his losses and went back to big fights and let his career play out...zab judah as well..meanwhile mikey has just turned into a used to be..very sad

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                What was the exact problem with the contract? I believe Chavez Jr. complained of a hidden extension clause once he reached the end of his contract.
                mikey was full of crap on this one..TR offered him gamboa, bc that is all hbo would accept...he tried to slide in another opponent and hbo said no so TR had to say no..he threw a fit...there was no issues before this..he is the only one just like this chavez jr was wanting out long before they mentioned GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
                  This coward belongs with pbc. He wanted easy fights with big paydays and as soon as Arum wanted him in with Gamboa he sued. I'm glad Arum sat his ass on the shelf
                  i dont agree wit the pbc finger pointing, bc they have put on many more quality fights that hbo as of recent, but you hit the name on the head about ducking gamboa..hbo gave TR one options therefore he had one option and he ducked it

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    glad he held out. arum was stealing the money
                    no hbo was forcing gamboa down his throat..there isnt any proof of arum stealing and mikey doesnt even say that

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      All because he felt he deserved a better contract. Arum thinks he owns his fighters.
                      no that is a lie..he wanted easier fights..the guy was in the process of suing and requesting easier fights for himself at the same time..smh...the network was teling him they would only accept gamboa and he declined...

Comment

Working...
                      X