Collapse
No announcement yet.

Score It! 7 Controversial Fights Scored

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the links, they're an interesting read.

I will have to watch some of those fights again soon and see what scores i come up with.

Hagler Vs Leonard was such a close fight. The last time i scored it i think i had it 115-113 Hagler.
    Lots of close rounds. Both guys put a lot into it.
    Last edited by Chrismart; 02-06-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

"Ray punctuates the whole night with the famous highlight reel shoeshine that wouldn’t have budged a 1st grader."

These guys seem like dumb asses to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I'm to bias too Hagler to be fair about Leonard vs Hagler so after years of being upset with Leonard, I finally moved on from that match

I must admit that Leonard stole more rounds than I wanted to give him credit for after watching that fight so many times. I think a DRAW would've been fair but it was a very close fight.

One thing I never liked about boxing is that when a fight is close it seems to become a Popular Contest, they usually give it to the guy who is more popular or the bigger draw

De La Hoya vs Trinidad is another good one to look back at. Oscar got a lot of hate because the Media loved him but after watching that fight years later, Oscar was ROBBED but nobody had sympathy for him because of the controversial decision he received over Ike Quartey and Pernell Whitaker but Oscar did enough to win that fight. He did make a mistake by taking his foot off the gas and I'm still not sure why because he was picking Trinidad apart early in the fight
        I feel like the bias might be too deep seeded for me regarding Hagler/Leonard. Every time I've seen it it makes me angrier. Yes, Leonard stole rounds but he didn't win, damn it.

DLH/Quartey gets me pretty ticked, too. I know others disagree, but I thought that was a clear Quartey win.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I feel like the bias might be too deep seeded for me regarding Hagler/Leonard. Every time I've seen it it makes me angrier. Yes, Leonard stole rounds but he didn't win, damn it.

DLH/Quartey gets me pretty ticked, too. I know others disagree, but I thought that was a clear Quartey win.
          Yeah I just leave Hagler vs Leonard alone I still think Popularity is why Leonard won. Media absolutely LOVED that guy! Even Leonard vs Hearns II once again his Popularity I think played a major role.

Regardless if it is Mayweather over Castillo, Oscar over Quartey and Whittaker, Holyfield somehow getting a damn Draw vs Lennox Lewis I can go on and on talking about controversial decisions that went to the more "Popular Fighter" so that the people around them can keep making their money

If you help make money for the sport of boxing, the sport will protect you!

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            "Ray punctuates the whole night with the famous highlight reel shoeshine that wouldn’t have budged a 1st grader."

These guys seem like dumb asses to be honest.
            That's why I dismissed that one.....the other ones you can tell they're being objective...but the butt hurt Hagler fans have little man syndrome....

Comment

Castillo beat Floyd

Barrera beat Morales

I love Hagler but he might have let Leonard edge him in that fight.

Please note****. I don't do slow motion video judging It would be unfair to the history of boxing to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Yeah I just leave Hagler vs Leonard alone I still think Popularity is why Leonard won. Media absolutely LOVED that guy! Even Leonard vs Hearns II once again his Popularity I think played a major role.

Regardless if it is Mayweather over Castillo, Oscar over Quartey and Whittaker, Holyfield somehow getting a damn Draw vs Lennox Lewis I can go on and on talking about controversial decisions that went to the more "Popular Fighter" so that the people around them can keep making their money

If you help make money for the sport of boxing, the sport will protect you!
                Leonard was the original golden boy. The media covered up his sexual indiscretions. They covered up how badly he treated his first wife. TMZ would have been all over his "Sweet Sugary Axx" for the stuff he did.

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR View Post
                  good read. but most of these fights aren't really controversial.
                  Maybe I should have said close fights.

Comment

Working...
                  X