No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Reacts To Angel Garcia's Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny Garcia is not a PPV fighter and small time average

Danny is not a PPV attraction and very average with no fans. Danny is not going to rule anything at 147lbs and is a fringe fighter who is managed well. Little Danny is far from a boxing great.

Comment

WAR ONE TIME!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Thurman definitely campaigned for this fight. There's a lot of talk that both him and Porter are not happy with Al and have been demanding bigger fights. That's why Angel was talking about not being able to understand how they pushed for this match-up. He wasn't talking about media statements, he was talking about their dealings with Al.
        Thurman was responding to Angel Garcia who speaks for himself. Do you speak for Angel Garcia now?

Other than Mayweather(retired) or Paquiao(top rank) what "bigger fights" has Haymon deprived Thurman or Porter from getting?
        Last edited by joseph5620; 01-27-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          Thurman and porter should be getting paid more to fight each other but there not big enough names Danny v.s Thurman will be a good fight but Thurman will be going down
          Agreed. Thurman is too reckless and fragile to beat a guy like Garcia. I can see him jumping in with his wide hooks and getting caught and stopped.

Comment

If Danny was a Puerto Rican FROM Puerto Rico he'd be a much bigger star right now. Instead he's a PhillyRican who doesn't even speak spanish and doesn't appeal to the diehard PR fan base.

The one time he tried to tap into the PR fan base he went to PR and got slapped silly by Herrera.

Comment

Thurman is right, he understands the sport works.

Angel Garcia thinks Danny is a star but how can he be a star if he's not a draw?

The only reason Garcia is earning big purses is the same reason Erislandy Lara is earning big purses, Haymon is just handing them cheques.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Thurman is right, he understands the sport works.

Angel Garcia thinks Danny is a star but how can he be a star if he's not a draw?

The only reason Garcia is earning big purses is the same reason Erislandy Lara is earning big purses, Haymon is just handing them cheques.
                Whether he's right or wrong we will see in time, but Thurman believes in himself. He got $1.5 million against both Guerrero and Collazo. So he's doing at least as well as the likes of Garcia.

But the real difference between Thurman and the Haymonites like Quillin is that he's not afraid. As he said himself over two years ago:

"I'm not afraid to lose. I'm not afraid to get beat. I want to go out old school and fight the best of the best."

'Keith Thurman: I'm Not Afraid To Let My 'O' Go' - http://www.boxingscene.com/keith-thu...my-0-go--72681

That's a guy who believes himself, not a guy who wants to keep getting softly matched because he thinks he'll lose when he's stepped up. Some people will say it's all talk but Thurman has been consistent on this from day one. And he's backed it up seeking out the Porter fight when as Angel Garcia says, 'he could have fought a Salka'.

Comment

I don't even know what to make of this. Angel Garcia saying Thurman/Porter don't have to fight each other, and instead just fight Salkas and still make good money. The problem is sooner or later they will soon run out of Salkas. What would you do, then? Precisely why we have Porter vs Thurman, finally.

As a side note, let's not forget that Haymon's boy here is Thurman. He doesn't give a crap about the Porters. Exactly why the Porters have chips on their shoulders. Like when they lost to Brook they were lamenting that Thurman, without actually mentioning his name, had easier opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Whether he's right or wrong we will see in time, but Thurman believes in himself. He got $1.5 million against both Guerrero and Collazo. So he's doing at least as well as the likes of Garcia.

But the real difference between Thurman and the Haymonites like Quillin is that he's not afraid. As he said himself over two years ago:

"I'm not afraid to lose. I'm not afraid to get beat. I want to go out old school and fight the best of the best."

'Keith Thurman: I'm Not Afraid To Let My 'O' Go' - http://www.boxingscene.com/keith-thu...my-0-go--72681

That's a guy who believes himself, not a guy who wants to keep getting softly matched because he thinks he'll lose when he's stepped up. Some people will say it's all talk but Thurman has been consistent on this from day one. And he's backed it up seeking out the Porter fight when as Angel Garcia says, 'he could have fought a Salka'.
                    Belief is part of it but I think Thurman wants to be the best too. He does want to be the next FMJ from a sporting perspective, Angel seems to want it for Danny only from a financial perspective.

Comment

Angel Garcia's strategy isn't that hard to figure out. Keep Danny undefeated and wait for the mega fight down the road. That translates to never fighting anybody you're not sure you can beat.
                      It'll be interesting to see who is next for Danny now that he has a belt at WW. Its just business but I have to laugh whn Garcia says he's the best at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X