Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Golovkin Clearly Beats Canelo, Can't Imagine Him Losing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a foregone conclusion to me. At 155 or 160 I think Canelo is a trickier guy than GGG has fought to this point. It's not just that either because Canelo has great speed and his power is probably on par with Lemieux even as a smaller guy.

The reason the fight needs to happen is because it would be competitive and we would learn things about both guys, guaranteed.

Comment

Berntstein gives GGG the edge in "Experience"??? GGG might be older but the experience has to go to Canelo. He's fought future HOFamers! GGG has fought Wal-Mart employees...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
        It's not a foregone conclusion to me. At 155 or 160 I think Canelo is a trickier guy than GGG has fought to this point. It's not just that either because Canelo has great speed and his power is probably on par with Lemieux even as a smaller guy.

The reason the fight needs to happen is because it would be competitive and we would learn things about both guys, guaranteed.
        Not even close to opponents.

Cotto, Lara, Trout, Floyd Mayweather.

I really wanted to see GGG/Lara but that won't happen.

Lemuix got knocked out by Rubio!

Comment

Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
          Bernstein has seen it all in his day, I think he knows a thing or two about
          the sport. It amazes me how every so called expert in boxing says this Golovkin kid is special but the haters don't see it. Same thing with Floyd, Pacquiao, and the list goes on. I knew the first time I saw this guy he was going to be a problem for any MW in the game. We have no idea how good he is, because everyone in the division avoids him.
          It's "racism" if Bersnstein doesnt find at least 3 black fighters to give equal or more praise to for each white guy he thinks has something. Doesn't matter if they dont deserve it on merit.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            canelo and oscar's reluctance has actually made me doubt their chances. on paper i think it sounds like a good match-up, but why the feet dragging on canelo's side? it's not just oscar either; whenever canelo is asked about GGG he always says something to effect of "i will fight him if i have to" - never "i want the fight". he sounds like a man stoically anticipating his own execution
            Umm he actually said he would fight him that night right after the Cotto fight. And GGG was there. It's on you tube.

Comment

Bernstein also admits Canelo is a small middleweight

I'm with Floyd in a sense that Canelo as well as Ward are being pushed into dangerous fights against bigger opponents

Not saying it's not good for us as the viewers but fighters have more to consider than just fighting for valor and merit

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post

I'm with Floyd in a sense that Canelo as well as Ward are being pushed into dangerous fights against bigger opponents

Not saying it's not good for us as the viewers but fighters have more to consider than just fighting for valor and merit
                We all know that GGG will never move up in weight and challenge himself. He just gonna sit @160 and wait for the lil guys to move up. I'm actually looking forward to this fight and seeing GGG in the ring with someone that's not intimated of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Berntstein gives GGG the edge in "Experience"??? GGG might be older but the experience has to go to Canelo. He's fought future HOFamers! GGG has fought Wal-Mart employees...
                  I think he means overall, Canelo didn't have am. career right?
                  GGG had 400 fights, if remember correctly.

GGG will win, Canelo doesn't want the fight (just like Cotto), that is why is wants 155 (for middleweight title).

GGG boxing skills are better than Canelo, he will win.
                  The only question is, does he stop Canelo? Which I think he will (Kirkland hurt him in the 1st round).

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Canelo showed head movement against Cotto, that's about the only time his head movement was anything to write home about. Canelo's head movement leaves his gut completely exposed to body punching which is somethig he'd pay for in a fight with Golovkin but i'm not getting into a tit for tat about it. Hop on Twitter let's hope we can entice Canelo's inner macho man to take the fight like he was forced to with Lara.
                    I thought Canelo fought a good defensive fight against Cotto. I also thought he fought a good defensive fight against Floyd. Lara, not so much. But I think a lotta that was due to frustration. IMO if he can make Floyd and Cotto miss, he should be able to make GGG miss.

If this fight is fought at a distance, I think Canelo wins. Canelo has the faster hands. And I think he's better defensively. What's gonna get Canelo is his old nemesis "stamina." I don't think Canelo is good enough at controlling distance to keep GGG at bay when he doesn't wanna work. And I don't think GGG is gonna cooperate, and sit and have a staring contest when Canelo doesn't wanna work.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post

I don't think Canelo is being forced into anything. I rhino the powers-that-be are pushing Ward towards Kovalev, and away from GGG in hopes that Ward is knocked off and doesn't derail the GGG hype train. But that's where HBO's loyality to GGG ends. They're not gonna side with GGG over Canelo. And while the WBC is in the middle of this lil PR campaign to show themselves as legit and not corrupt. Whoever shows up with the biggest pot of money is gonna get the ruling they want. And GBP has more money than K2.

Comment

Working...
                      X