Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd fights and beats Cotto and Canelo: Ties Pacquiao for Lineal Titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    I've racked up my post count holding his hand helping him through numerous threads lol
    You're a generous person.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      You're a generous person.
      I like to help educate people about the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        Vernon Forrest wasn't the lineal champ. He was the WBC champ...WBC does NOT equal lineage. And, even if Vernon was and vacating when he passed. Martinez would still have to fight at the next best guy to get the lineal title. There is no interim lineal champion.

I cant believe someone would actually think there was such a thing.

Comment

I like to help educate people about the sport
          Considering you just spoke the biggest heap of bollox ever heard, you aint doing a very good job.

"Martinez got upgraded from interim lineal champion"

Comment

See the rest of the post. It got vacated and Canelo has ended up with it.
            You lost me here. Are you saying Canelo ended up with the lineal title?

A fight between Canelo and Floyd (if he gets past Cotto) will be for the RING, the WBC and WBA world titles, making him the lineal champion.

If you disagree how did Pac and Marquez only fight for one title at 130 and have it declared a lineal title? Or Barrera and Pac at 126?
            Barrera was already the lineal champion at 126 before fighting Pac. He got that title from Hamed who was the lineal champ, who got that title from Vazquez who was the lineal champ before hand.

You don't have to have alphabet soup titles to fight for the lineal title. having extra titles don't make it a lineal championship fight either. JMM-Pac received it for the being the top 2 recognized fighters in their division. Not just by the ring but universally.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              You lost me here. Are you saying Canelo ended up with the lineal title?

Barrera was already the lineal champion at 126 before fighting Pac. He got that title from Hamed who was the lineal champ, who got that title from Vazquez who was the lineal champ before hand.

You don't have to have alphabet soup titles to fight for the lineal title. having extra titles don't make it a lineal championship fight either. JMM-Pac received it for the being the top 2 recognized fighters in their division. Not just by the ring but universally.
              No I'm saying Canelo ended up with a chunk that was left behind, as did Cotto. If Floyd takes Cotto's belt and fights for Canelo's WBC belt, ON TOP of the RING championship, and being ranked the #1 and #2 division, he will then be the lineal champion if he wins there.

Comment

He would, but it would be a cheap way to do it. Alvarez did nothing to be the #2, he was quickly moved from 10 to 2 after the joke Hatton fight and for beating Rhodes. Cotto atleast beat a champion.

Comment

No I'm saying Canelo ended up with a chunk that was left behind, as did Cotto. If Floyd takes Cotto's belt and fights for Canelo's WBC belt, ON TOP of the RING championship, and being ranked the #1 and #2 division, he will then be the lineal champion if he wins there.
                  A chunk of what? Ther aren't chunks of a lineal championship. Vernon Forrest was never lineal champ. The lineage ended at Winky. There really is no argument for it to start at Floyd-Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    A chunk of what? Ther aren't chunks of a lineal championship. Vernon Forrest was never lineal champ. The lineage ended at Winky. There really is no argument for it to start at Floyd-Canelo.
                    You're lost dude. The Ring even states the lineal titlists in event of it being vacant the top 1/2 guys will fight for lineage and the RING title. See Delahoya/Mosley for example.

Comment

You just adding to many unnecessary things and I don't know why. There doesn't have to be a ring title, WBC, nor WBA title on the line to have 2 fighters fight for the lineal title.

Vacant lineal titles all you need is universally the top 2 guys in the division fight each other. Not just the top 2 guys by one source like the ring. But, the top 2 guys universally. It doesn't matter if the other titles are on the line or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X