No announcement yet.

missing tooth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing tooth

well last year i lost half a tooth on my front bottom tooth so the doctor added a cap on it but it fell out. so i was wondering seeing as most boxers dont use a mouth guard for the bottom teeth will the cap keep getting knocked out i dont wanna go to the doctors to get it put back in to get it knocked out in a bout.. or worse sparring but i cant do everyday things with a missing tooth as im kind of embarassed about it. any1 else have problems with teeth in boxing?

Have three missing teeth upfront replaced with a bridge,i got.it knocked out once and basically.looked like I had no teeth on the front, which had me.embarrassed at work because this.happened friday evening and my dentist was in tuesday morning and I worked from friday to monday so everyone saw it, since that day my defense is what I specialize in, never again do I want to go through that.

Comment

On a side note, this also changed my style from aggresive to a pure counterpuncher

Comment

so i should just get the cap and keep boxing and if it comes out just revisit the dentist? have your false teeth ever came out during sparring, bouts etc?

Comment

Once during sparring only, which is what happened on that friday, and likei said, ever since then my style changed from pressure fighter to counterpuncher, oddly enough I fight better as a counterpuncher, and I focused on my defense so much that it's my specialty, and all this to avoid that embarassment again. Never during a fight, if that rver happened I,would assume, I would deal out standing eights back to back to back, I never want to go through that again.

Comment

why not just get a double mouthguard

Comment

If you're suggesting the double mouthgaurd to me bully, thats what I had, but no matter what, from what I felt that day, I feel that any really solid punch to that section of my face would at the very least weaken the bonding. my advice is just improve your defense jamie

Comment

Working...
              X