No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor: "I Want To Make an Impact at 168"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor: "I Want To Make an Impact at 168"

Former undisputed middleweight champion Jermain Taylor is going back to his roots for the November 15th bout with former super middleweight ruler Jeff Lacy. Taylor is back in South Florida, training at the Young Tiger Gym in Kendall. After winning a bronze medal at the 2000 Olympic games, Taylor trained in Miami for his first 24 pro-fights. [details]

i like his modesty, but imma say it for him he's gonna run that divison take it over. like to see him battle kessler couple times.

Comment

I saw Taylor in a Phantom at South Beach a while back. I think he was getting over the Pavlik KO.

Comment

If taylor dont throw "punches wit bad intentions" he's gonna get KTFO. if he does this is a good win 4 him 2 bump him up the rankings at 168

Comment

He plans on making waves at 168, by first beating a guy who Calzaghe thrashed years ago, has no belt, and with Calzaghe about to retire. Interesting one. I don't see him beating Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
            He plans on making waves at 168, by first beating a guy who Calzaghe thrashed years ago, has no belt, and with Calzaghe about to retire. Interesting one. I don't see him beating Kessler.
            he`s coming off 2 losses, give him a break, he just needs a win and confidence at the moment, im sure after Lacy he will take on the best in the division

Comment

Good for him, I love Taylor; he has awesome natural skill and seems like a really nice guy.

I hope he comes through on this, and with some dedication I reckon he will

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                He's taking a tune-up against the guy who put Joe Calzaghe on the map.

A tune-up.

Funny you should mention Joe Calzaghe in your criticism of Taylor; isn't he fighting a 40 year old guy who Tarver and Johnson thrashed years ago, who also has no belt, and trying to sell it as a superfight?

At least Taylor isn't pulling the wool over anyone's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
                  He's taking a tune-up against the guy who put Joe Calzaghe on the map.

A tune-up.

Funny you should mention Joe Calzaghe in your criticism of Taylor; isn't he fighting a 40 year old guy who Tarver and Johnson thrashed years ago, who also has no belt, and trying to sell it as a superfight?

At least Taylor isn't pulling the wool over anyone's eyes.
                  When Taylor achieves half of what Calzaghe has in the sport maybe you can compare them.

When Calzaghe gets knocked the **** out and decisioned back to back by the same guy, then maybe you can compare him to Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    When Taylor achieves half of what Calzaghe has in the sport maybe you can compare them.

When Calzaghe gets knocked the **** out and decisioned back to back by the same guy, then maybe you can compare him to Taylor.
                    A little sensitive are we?

Did it LOOK like I was comparing Taylor to Calzaghe? I was referring to each of their approaches to their next fights.

I wasn't the one who brought up the Welshing Wonder in the first place.

And when Calzaghe has the balls to fight Pavlik, ONCE much less twice, and not use smoke and mirrors bull**** to make his fight selections look legit, then maybe he will have half the integrity and character of Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                    X