No announcement yet.

Hatton (Prime) vs. Khan @ 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Floyd doesn't throw combinations anymore. He only opened up at the end after he'd pot-shotted, hugged and elbowed Hatton to death, slowing him down to the point that he was easy pickings.

Ricky could not cope with Pacquiao's speed early on and that's the only guy he's fought that's comparable to Khan in terms of handspeed. Although Khan probably wouldn't be able to hurt him in the same way, he'd land a significant amount of punches on Ricky's face early in the fight.
    Pacquiao also had superior footspeed and hit approximately 15 times harder.

Also if you call that "prime" Hatton then fine, how is khan who got dropped by Willie limond going to cope when Hatton lands

Comment

If khan demonstrate significant improvement under hunter ill always reconsider, but as it stands this Is what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        If khan demonstrate significant improvement under hunter ill always reconsider, but as it stands this Is what happens

I will believe Khan improves when I see it, I really did think he would improve as a fighter even marginally on his own but it is like he has learned nothing over his pro career, so tough to see a new trainer doing anything because to improve you have to realize there is an issue and I have never seen Khan make that connection.

I will be impressed if he finally does get it though, and even more impressed with Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

What? Ricky's gonna time him with a counter left-hook? LOL no....just no.

I didn't say it was a prime Hatton against Pacquaio although he wasn't exactly shot either. But he would struggle with Khan's speed at any point in his career.

Comment

Working...
          X