Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is headbutting taught in American gyms? Hopkins, Bradley, Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
    its plain obvious you know nothing about boxing. but i will explain anyway

Timm Hopkins Ward even Holyfield do not headbutt on purpose
    its a matter of styles and their boxing stance. at one point in boxing
    i lead with my head past my lead foot which means my head would get to
    the target right behind a punch. and when moving fullspeed and if the opponent
    is in the right place and right time theres a butt take place. now the person leading dont get hurt to much because he leads with his forehead while the opponent isnt so its forhead against eye or chin and thats a nono. the forehead is prob the strongest part of your body.

andre ward hopkins uses a tactic that i also use. when you have someone cornered you use your head as an extra arm. its not a head butt but they occur because the opponent is moving as well. but you use your head to kind of hold the guy in place keep yourself out of any punching power range unless he can generate power with room an inch from his body. and you just work your punches while he worry about your head or getting out that situation.

these are rough tactics and dangerous if you dont use them right. but bradley dont do it on purpose. its jsut he leads with his head after his punches and keeps going forward. and when you have your chin tucked it turns into a battering ram.

cotto leads with his head but was never moving forward at a fast pace and always lead with a jab so he didnt really headbutt anyone but was always there for uppercut.
    its just a matter of styles stances and tactics. but noone headbutts on purpose because believe me the **** hurts more than any punch landed.
    So basically they taught themselves how to headbuut just like you?

Comment

I've yet to see Mayweather, Dirrell, Williams or Mosley headbutt anyone...

Comment

3 of them fight from the outside. the 4th is so tall his head is never near anyone elses head

Comment

Originally posted by PandaKilla View Post
          So basically they taught themselves how to headbuut just like you?
          its not a headbutt its that they both clash because you have one body going one way and another going the same. just liek a car crash noone does it on purpose it just happens when 2 objects are going same same direction they collide.

watch me spar im 5'11 im sparring a HW 6'4. theres time i lead with my head but since his head is much higher than mine theres no clash. when he on ropes i keep my head in his chest. if he was my height there could be a head butt when i go to slip and he slip same time. so when 2 similar sized guys and clash of styles **** happens. especcially when you have an agressive style

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
            I've yet to see Mayweather, Dirrell, Williams or Mosley headbutt anyone...
            Mayweather and Dirrell have a 'run' style.

Mosely is the man, he fights like a man so respect.

As stated by the guy above, Williams is so tall that Jumbo jets are the only things he needs to look out for.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
              its not a headbutt its that they both clash because you have one body going one way and another going the same. just liek a car crash noone does it on purpose it just happens when 2 objects are going same same direction they collide.

watch me spar im 5'11 im sparring a HW 6'4. theres time i lead with my head but since his head is much higher than mine theres no clash. when he on ropes i keep my head in his chest. if he was my height there could be a head butt when i go to slip and he slip same time. so when 2 similar sized guys and clash of styles **** happens. especcially when you have an agressive style
              Was that filmed with a potatoe? Thq quality is very poor.

Comment

i forgot to change the settings before i gave someone the camera. i was pissed when i checked like ****. but you can still see what im saying about heads and such. trust me even if your the one leading headbutt still hurt. i dont have a bradley sized head but it still hurts. its jsut about styles
                Last edited by boxer2k5; 01-30-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Cool, I admit I oly watched abit of it, I am use to DVD or HD quality.

Comment

Boxers that headbutt always seem to have a shaved head., Bika, Ward, Holyfield, Bradley and Hopkins.

It can't be just coincidence, they intentionally used there head as a another means of attack.

Comment

Wards head is almost a lethal weapon but on evidence bradley is Ahead of ward at the moment in the butt stakes but im sure billy goat will be gunning to catch him up

Comment

Working...
                      X