Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If writers follow the Gatti clause, what current fighters make the hall?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
    You can do the same thing with Gatti. Who was his best win? The entire category is about entertainment not wins or loses.
    I don't Gatti should be in

HOF should be about being the best at your craft

You want a special wing for guys that are entertaining fine, But to have Ruslan potentially next to Ali is a f.ucking disgrace

It's like the NBA letting in guys that could dunk you got Jordan, Shaq , Russell and then you start letting Harold Miner, Cedric Cebballos , Dee Brown

It defeats the whole purpose of a HOF

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      I don't Gatti should be in

HOF should be about being the best at your craft

You want a special wing for guys that are entertaining fine, But to have Ruslan potentially next to Ali is a f.ucking disgrace

It's like the NBA letting in guys that could dunk you got Jordan, Shaq , Russell and then you start letting Harold Miner, Cedric Cebballos , Dee Brown

It defeats the whole purpose of a HOF
      The point is that they opened up Pandora's box when they selected Gatti. So right or wrong you can no longer use outdated criteria to keep guys his category out. The writers make it no longer about skill,so they have to stick to it. Besides Sylvester Stallone is already in.

Comment

The point is that they opened up Pandora's box when they selected Gatti. So right or wrong you can no longer use outdated criteria to keep guys his category out. The writers make it no longer about skill,so they have to stick to it. Besides Sylvester Stallone is already in.
        Every sports HOF has questionable entries

I don't have a problem with Salido actually if he gets in

But to dilute it to the point of having g Ruslan in is a joke. You might as well include Rosado on the list because he comes to fight. Why even have a HOF if the bar is so low that now youll get in the HOF if you came to fight and headlined a couple HBo/Showtime cards. By that standard John Molina should be in too.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Every sports HOF has questionable entries

I don't have a problem with Salido actually if he gets in

But to dilute it to the point of having g Ruslan in is a joke. You might as well include Rosado on the list because he comes to fight. Why even have a HOF if the bar is so low that now youll get in the HOF if you came to fight and headlined a couple HBo/Showtime cards. By that standard John Molina should be in too.
          I see your point,maybe I went a bit too far with Ruslan. I do agree though that a guy with an extensive career like Salido deserves to be in, and it wouldn't really be dilution because he fits in line with guys like Mancini,Chacon,and Gatti.

Comment

I see your point,maybe I went a bit too far with Ruslan. I do agree though that a guy with an extensive career like Salido deserves to be in, and it wouldn't really be dilution because he fits in line with guys like Mancini,Chacon,and Gatti.
            Salido's been robbed a few times in title fights...he should have a belt now...

Comment

Yeah for sure and boxing is a weird sport to have a criteria so it's more of a general feeling that you really can't back up unless it's a shoe in Like Mayweather , Manny , Bernard

Because there is no real standard like awards, all star teams, Personal achievements like points scored or whatever ,

For me HOF means producing at a high level for a extended period of time. So I guess that would mean fighting top guys in and around your division for a long time. Not saying you have to win them all but to at least win some throughout your career not just the begining and be competitive throughout

Salido has Ws or Questionable loses over

Robert Guerrero ( PEDs though)
              Killed the Juamma hype (twice )
              Loma
              Roman Martinez & F Vargas ( Think he beat them, He should actually have 2 straps right now )

Been in numerous fight if the year candidates

Add in fights with Gamboa, Marquez & Mikey Garcia ( got his a.ss kicked but got dirty and started turning the tide )

To me you can make a case that he grinded out a HOF career for the work he's put in the last 10 years or so

But It's all subjective in boxing like almost everything else in the sport

Comment

The Fuk is a "Gatti Clause"?

Comment

lol at Ruslan....

Comment

Working...
                  X