No announcement yet.

Anybody grow up watching Ali in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
    Steph is the biggest name right now maybe in all of sports. I even said Ali was much bigger.
    Bigger name than Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt..etc??

Comment

Steph is the biggest name right now maybe in all of sports. I even said Ali was much bigger.
      I barely recognize that name, I think it's a basketball player, and I only know that much because it was in a word game app I played last week. I got it wrong at the time because I'd never heard of it before.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
        keep 'um coming with the ali stories.

i'm an 80's baby so i don't have any stories.
        Know this song? I listed to it as a kid, on my am radio.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gsDHi-vJCYs

Please post the link properly. Historic Ali stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I barely recognize that name, I think it's a basketball player, and I only know that much because it was in a word game app I played last week. I got it wrong at the time because I'd never heard of it before.

Remember this song?

Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Bigger name than Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt..etc??

Ok,to an American he is the biggest name in the most mainstream sport.

He's just an example is this what you guys are pulling from that post?

Comment

Not even close, Ronaldo and Messi both DWARF him. I'd argue Floyd Mayweather is bigger too. Floyd received some big receptions when he went abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Remember this song?

Mohammad Ali
                Wow, I don't remember that. When I was a kid my first book report was to read an autobiography and write a report on it. I chose Ali's book. That was based on his icon status alone as I'd never seen him fight and he was already retired. That book had a strong influence on my life and even though I'm not really a "fan", I have a huge respect for him and the way he inspired people such as myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Wow, I don't remember that. When I was a kid my first book report was to read an autobiography and write a report on it. I chose Ali's book. That was based on his icon status alone as I'd never seen him fight and he was already retired. That book had a strong influence on my life and even though I'm not really a "fan", I have a huge respect for him and the way he inspired people such as myself.
                  Glad you listened to it, this song really dates me. Peace my man. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I'm too young but I know it had to be special watching someone like that. Thankfully there's a ton of videos out there for the younger generation to see.
                    i am old enough to have watched clay's fights in black and white tv and then marvel more watching ali's fights in color later....

the g.o.a.t. had an uncanny ability to predict on what round he will finish off his opponents...

my late father worked in vietnam building schools and other infrastructure projects for usaid and he told us that ali was not really hated by the u.s. military even when ali was in the center of the draft controversy....

having watched most of clay's/ali's fights i believe is one blessing of pure awe and admiration....

rip champ...you're still the g.o.a.t...

Comment

I've never heard of Steph Curry, but i'm from the UK. I'm sure he's virtually unknown here and throughout most of Europe. I thought it was a girl until i just googled the name.

The fact is, most countries don't care or know anything about basketball. Michael Jordan is probably the only recognisable name but still nobody cares about him outside of USA...

Comment

Working...
                      X