No announcement yet.

Current fighters that will go broke after retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingsupreme87 View Post
    Man, this kid literally cannot help himself.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      Its been reported he is technically broke already. Each fight he makes his million or 2 million and by the time his next fight rolls around he is tapped out and that is fact. He is like most all americans he's paycheck to paycheck rich with nothing saved up. He gets his check then by the time the next one is here hes broke. Fact
      Thats crazy.

He Aint funna have shht ...better start sticking his hand in the toilet and get those 20s back..

Comment

Of the current top guys, Floyd is a definite possibility. Massive earnings are no insurance against loose accounting and extravagance. Manny is a strong probable for similar reasons, plus his eagerness to give money away. He'll have options Floyd won't have but he'll lose most of his fortune one way or the other.

The Cubans tend to have it rough. Rigo won't be 'broke' broke but he'll never be comfortable either. Lara the same. On the Mexican front I think Rios will almost certainly go broke.

On the other hand, Wlad will be fine. I think Bradley will be good too. He doesn't seem the type that would blow through his money. Canelo and Cotto will both be fine as well I reckon. B-Hop too. Ward is more or less a lock for a secure future. Most of the UK based guys tend to be alright. I don't see Khan or Froch having major financial problems.

Statistically it's almost certain that the majority will have tough times. That's just how it goes. But there are some smart guys in the sport now too. Smart enough to secure a comfortable life for themselves at least, and not spend it all on ridiculous projects or jewellery.

Comment

Is Kelly Pavlik retired yet?

Comment

All the black fighters except Ward and Floyd.

Comment

I can see floyd getting sued left and right when he retires. Ped stories coming out
              people flipping on him.

Floyd should sit down and write a book $$
              Oh wait

Comment

Not my money and if these fools arent smart enough to plan for future then thats their fault and oh well.

Wont be the first or the last millionaire athletes to go broke

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Not my money and if these fools arent smart enough to plan for future then thats their fault and oh well.

Wont be the first or the last millionaire athletes to go broke
                  You won't be sad if Floyd goes broke?

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                    You won't be sad if Floyd goes broke?
                    Why would i be sad?

I have my money and i watch it like a hawk. I want to retire at 55 (doubt it though cause im a workaholic) and am aiming for that.

floyd has his and if he wants to spend it on cars and other items then good for him but it wont matter to me. When hes gone from sport, thank you for memories but away you go

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Of the current top guys, Floyd is a definite possibility. Massive earnings are no insurance against loose accounting and extravagance. Manny is a strong probable for similar reasons, plus his eagerness to give money away. He'll have options Floyd won't have but he'll lose most of his fortune one way or the other.

The Cubans tend to have it rough. Rigo won't be 'broke' broke but he'll never be comfortable either. Lara the same. On the Mexican front I think Rios will almost certainly go broke.
                      Floyd & Manny will need to **** up MAJOR at this point to go broke imo. As long as they pay their taxes they should be cool. Taxes is usually what gets mfers.

I suspect Rigo & Lara will have very successful careers as trainers post-active boxing career so they might end up among the higher profile Roach & Robert Garcia type trainers who I suspect are doing all right themselves with all their high profile, highly paid boxers they've trained.

Rios is a knucklehead & if he gots a dumbass wife I suspect you're right. If he gots a smart wife I'm guessing he'll be cool. I'm leaning to a smart wife cuz he's never been flashing or w/e that I've seen, he's got a fairly regular guy who just talks a lot of ****/has no filter way about him + he's talking about getting out of the sport soon so I'm assuming he's been good with his money that he doesn't need to milk boxing for max big paydays.

Adrien is a huge mfing knucklehead & seems like he doesn't even focus on boxing like he did at one time. He definitely seems like a guy who 30 years from now will be on some local news story that goes wide about the "homeless former 4 time boxing champion who was friends with Floyd Mayweather".

Comment

Working...
                      X