Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd demands OST for Pacquiao but not for his undercard. A double standard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Let's get it straight, Sir and please do not muddle the issue.The issue is very simple and a simple question requires a simple answer... Floyd said he's starting this random blood testing to "clean up the sport" and NOT SOLELY to make sure that his opponent is clean from PEDS or whatever. The question is, under pain of sounding repetitious, why did he not ask those who will be fighting in the undercard as well as GBP to include this as a condition if his noble intention is to "clean up the sport of boxing" Those who will be fighting in the undercard is very much a part of the sport of boxing that he wants to clean up...He's got the clout right here because he will be the main protagonist in the main event..BTW, i never said DOUBLE STANDARD..what he is doing or he has done so far, in my opinion, somehow fall short of what he is expected to do under the circumstances insofar as the issue of "cleaning up the sport" is concerned...
    I never quoted you so no need to be offended. The definition applies to the premise and title of this thread. But to answer your question Floy'd cannot ask of those fighters to submit to random drug testing because of the following reasons:

1) He is not in negotiations to fight any of those fighters and he can only request the OST tests for his fights.
    2) He does not own the rights to or promote any of those fighters or the event. Now if he was promoting the event or promoted any of the fighters on the undercard there could be a case made.
    3) He is not a partner of Goldenboy Promotions so he cannot request, demand or dictate to them how they run their business unless he is directly negotiating to fight with one of their fighters thus him putting the OST in as a stipulation of the contract.

As much clout as he has he doesn't have the leverage, power, or authority to request this for the entire boxing commission, he can only make this request with a boxer who he is directly going to fight and he has been living up to his words and leading by example by requesting the same tests for Mosley and the rest of his fights in his career. Now if he doesn't request it for one of his upcoming fights then you or any can apply the definition of "Double Standards" to the situation. Good day sir.
    Last edited by Championart; 03-25-2010, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• There will be 'Mayweather Promotions' banners everywhere during this fight.
      Floyd Mayweather Jr will be bringing in the lion's share of millions of dollars for ALL concerned.
      DeLaHoya has publically spoken numerous times in support of Floyd's quite correct suggestion that there needs to be be much stricter drug testing in boxing.
      The dance partner to Mayweather is a major player within the primary promotional company associated with the whole event.

Yet one of the biggest reasons this fight is taking place is now completely irrelevant to ALL OF THEM!

Money V Sugar is only happening because the drug testing demand drove Pac away.
      Floyd says drug testing is necessary to the whole sport.
      Next step?????????????

Comment

• This whole thread is a waste of time.

Look here, Floyd wants Pac to test because what Pac has accomplished is EXTRA-ordinary. There are no other Pacs so he shouldn't have to be expected to ask anybody else to test.

Shane has been found guilty of using but I don't think Floyd gave a **** if Shane was tested or not. I think Floyd required testing here to make the critics happy not realizing that's impossible.

Floyd should stop fronting and just say I want Pac tested imparticular because something ain't right about that guy.

Comment

Working...
        X