No announcement yet.

still have Kov winning after re watching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
    theres already a poll and nearly everybody said kovalev won.
    Nearly everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      It's roughly 85-15 in terms of the responses I've seen. Only the usual suspects think Ward won.

Whatever, it's like Kova said in a post-fight interview, he doesn't care because he kicked his ass meaning beat him up physically, that's all that really mattered to him lol.
      Pretty sure he's probably angry he got the l but he's just not showing it.

Anyways I couldn't give ward more than 4 rounds. I would of given him more if I saw ward outlanding more than kov but it was pretty even. I had given the close rounds to kov cause be was the clear aggressor and his punches seems more impactful then the soft touches ward was throwing.

Oh and I don't know what to make of it but annoyed the **** out of me how ward kept diving head first and kov kept headlocking him. I'll probably watch the fight again tonight when I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i agree with this.

if you go through hoops you can make a card where ward won. that's not what a judge is supposed to do! it's just a heck of a lot easier to give this fight to kovalev than it is to give it to ward. there was a knockdown, kovalev outlanded ward and he's a significantly harder puncher. kovalev hurt ward badly enough to put him down. that gives you an idea of how hard some of the other punches in other rounds were landing.

ward has an iron chin and a set of brass balls for being able to compose himself and not only get up from the bomb he took, but weather the storm that followed it. if kovalev had turned his knuckles over just a bit more there wouldn't be a LHW in the world who could have gotten up from that knockdown. that guy has f#cking lead in his gloves. he shook ward up with a jab.

great, great, fight. this sport is a real treat when you have top fighters in their primes. guys don't ahve to be sluggers to make for great fights. just be yourself, develop a style that suits your physical characterstics, and take the fight. i want to see both of these guys, win or lose, asap. they've made a lot of fans for life.

i hope the guys who don't respect andre ward have respect for him now. you can't say kovalev was whooping ass and is a great fighter without respecting ward for getting up off of the floor and changing the tempo of a fight that looked like it very well might end iwth him getting stopped.

great, great fight. i had the time of my life out there.
        I do and dont respect him, i respect that he got up and fought on, but i don't respect that arrogant nature of him, and lying (first time ive been dropped) and disrespectful comments about kovalev not being his toughest opponent and disrespectful trainer comments, trying to re-write history and pretend this was an easy Ward win.

It's nice to know not all Ward fan's are deluded fanboys.

Green K sir.

Comment

The judges fucked up on round 10, which should go to Kovalev.

Round 6 could possibly be scored even, but I gave it to Kovalev.

Round 12 should be scored 10-10 even.

I don't see a clear victor either way.

I'm calling this fight a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
            Respect dude. Good to see a big ward fan admit when he lost and show unbias. We need more objective fans like you on here.

appreciate the kind words. but i've always been objective about andre ward, or at least i've tried. i think i've been pretty candid about how he contributed to his inactivity, and how he's a rough customer, even dirty, on the inside. now i'm trying to be candid about his 30 and 1 record

most of the guys in the crowd had ward behind. and the odds ended up swinging to make ward a heavier fave close to the fight. kovalev was almost 2-1 as a dog by the end of the morning of the fight. i placed my bet on ward on points at bellagio, and he was -140 at the time... on points! in other words, everybody who thought ward lost probably had money on him.

at any rate, i don't care who lost enough for it to affect my level of respect for these two. i just don't care that much about who won. these guys are two of the very best fighters in the world, and they showed that they could make money fighting the sullivan barreras of the world. instead they fought each other and put the world on notice that boxing isn't dead. i'm proud of these two. legitimately proud. makes you feel good to be a boxing fan. no other sport can give you intensity like that.

Comment

Kovalev 8-4

More landed, more damage dished out,
              Knockdown,

This is why there is a huge need for open scoring.
              Boxing needs a scoreboard. Fights are supposed to be competitive and if they arent , thats just how it goes. Anyone wanting to stink it up is only messing with their own money.

Boxing should be ten 5 minute rounds
              Refs should enforce no clinching rules .

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                Kovalev 8-4

More landed, more damage dished out,
                Knockdown,

This is why there is a huge need for open scoring.
                Boxing needs a scoreboard. Fights are supposed to be competitive and if they arent , thats just how it goes. Anyone wanting to stink it up is only messing with their own money.

Boxing should be ten 5 minute rounds
                Refs should enforce no clinching rules .
                agreed.

Comment

Working...
                X