Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do boxers ever have any questions for the ref ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do boxers ever have any questions for the ref ?

Apart from

"Any excuses tonight Roy"

Seriously though, I can't recall a fighter ever asking a question so why does the ref always ask if theirs any questions ?

Is it is tradition or did fighters used to have questions ?

Originally posted by Furn View Post
    Apart from

Seriously though, I can't recall a fighter ever asking a question so why does the ref always ask if theirs any questions ?

If the ref didn't ask about questions, a fighter would use he fact that he didn't get to ask a question as an excuse after he lost the fight.

Comment

Usually trainers address the concerns in the locker room when the ref goes over everything. I forgot what fighter (and trainer) it was but I remember someone voiced their concerns about Floyd's elbows lol. The norm tends to be the fighter stays quiet and fights and lets his corner take care of him and voice their concerns for the fighter. I also recall someone asking the ref to look out for rabbit punches but it's hard to remember who.

Comment

"Yeah, I got a question,,, any excuses tonight roy"

Lmao- still the all time best trash talking ever

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          Apart from

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/upload...can-Psycho.gif

Comment

I think they must ask any question they have when they talk to the ref before the fight. I've yet to hear a fighter ask any questions when the ref asks are there any questions in all the thousands of fights I've seen.

Comment

I've seen them ask questions about what qualifies as below the belt back in the 90s and 2000s when guys were wearing trunks that started at their nipples and went down to their ankles. Other than that I can't recall amything.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                Usually trainers address the concerns in the locker room when the ref goes over everything. I forgot what fighter (and trainer) it was but I remember someone voiced their concerns about Floyd's elbows lol. The norm tends to be the fighter stays quiet and fights and lets his corner take care of him and voice their concerns for the fighter. I also recall someone asking the ref to look out for rabbit punches but it's hard to remember who.
                Victor Ortiz and his trainer at the time, Robert Garcia's brother, I think his name is Danny(?)

Comment

One time for a Marciano fight (can't remember which) either Marciano's trainer or chief asked the ref exactly what constituted as a rabbit punch.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    If the ref didn't ask about questions, a fighter would use he fact that he didn't get to ask a question as an excuse after he lost the fight.
                    Arreola certainly would.

Comment

Working...
                    X