Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman knew Garcia would win...he said it like it was pre-determined, pre-fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman knew Garcia would win...he said it like it was pre-determined, pre-fight.

Now, I'm not trying to say the fight was fixed by any means....but after I heard Thurman say pre-fight, that a scrap with him and Garcia down the road would be a great fight and they WOULD be fighting in a "somebodies 0 has to go fight" IF they fought....

Let's just say at that point, I was completely discouraged and knew with 95% certainty that Garcia WOULD WIN the fight.

Did anyone else catch this?

well garcia was a huge betting favourite. it was a glorified tune-up

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      well garcia was a huge betting favourite. it was a glorified tune-up
      I know, but after hearing that...I borderline didn't even care to watch anymore....I was like okay.

Comment

well they didn't set this fight up with the intention of make it a 50/50 fight. look at guerrero's last fights before garcia. he got his ass kicked in every one of them. when was the last time he looked good? berto? in 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          well they didn't set this fight up with the intention of make it a 50/50 fight. look at guerrero's last fights before garcia. he got his ass kicked in every one of them. when was the last time he looked good? berto? in 2012?
          Very true, but if you're feeding us crap...atlesst humor us. Thurman should have been more sensitive towards the subject.

Comment

I think lots of fights have a kind of predetermined, or more so desired outcome....its how robberies are allowed and yes you can see it coming a mile away, but I believe most of us would rather see Garcia vs Thurman over Guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              Now, I'm not trying to say the fight was fixed by any means....but after I heard Thurman say pre-fight, that a scrap with him and Garcia down the road would be a great fight and they WOULD be fighting in a "somebodies 0 has to go fight" IF they fought....

Let's just say at that point, I was completely discouraged and knew with 95% certainty that Garcia WOULD WIN the fight.

Did anyone else catch this?
              Are you saying too that Thurman vs Porter is already fixed?

Comment

Who cares it was against Robert Washed Up Guerrero!!!!!! Who has he beat at 147 outside of the other bum Berto?

He comes straight forward with no head or foot movement absorbing shots.

The fact that Garcia was awarded the WBC title for beating a gate keeper is a joke!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                  Who cares it was against Robert Washed Up Guerrero!!!!!! Who has he beat at 147 outside of the other bum Berto?

He comes straight forward with no head or foot movement absorbing shots.

The fact that Garcia was awarded the WBC title for beating a gate keeper is a joke!!!!
                  Hello, I see you are in pain. I offer free counseling and suicide prevention therapy for people like you who just can't seem to cope with a loss. Call now for a free phone screening.

1 800 IT HURTS

Comment

Well the scorecards were all the same, even though the fight was closer than 8-4.
                    Add to that all the money was on Robert.

Not hard to see the undefeated and younger fighter is going to get the benefit of the doubt on the scoring.
                    Just like when they gave Robert the decision over Martinez, if he lost they wouldn't have been able to put him in a title fight.
                    Remember when Paulie called out the bs when Broner was given 117-111 score in their fight, Paulie signed with Al right after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X