No announcement yet.

Let's put Pac v Crawford to Bed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's put Pac v Crawford to Bed

I haven't made a Pacman thread in a long time but this just had to be said, as all the home boys started coming out of whatever hole they'd been hiding in for a while.

You can't label a fighter as ducking someone else, when that someone else refuses to fight him.

Here, hope you guys can read: http://www.************.com/2016/07/...ust-fight-140/

Here's a quote:

“It will be at 140,” Crawford said via ESPN.com, when asked what weight he would consider a fight against Pacquiao.

Pac is 36 or so, moving down in weight is usually a big problem for older fighters, maybe he can make 140 at some stage but to come off a long lay off and political duties with limited training time does not seem ideal.

On top of that, Vargas, a weak welterweight title holder was never Pacs first choice as Garcia turned down the fight initially. Broner, who was willing to move up or fight at some sort of catchweight between 140-147, is in jail/wanted more money.

Pac is once again, fighting the best available opponent, which he has done multiple times...unlessy ou want him to fight Bradley a 4th time and let's be honest, Bradley is better and more accomplished than Garcia, Broner, TC and Vargas.

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I haven't made a Pacman thread in a long time but this just had to be said, as all the home boys started coming out of whatever hole they'd been hiding in for a while.

You can't label a fighter as ducking someone else, when that someone else refuses to fight him.

Here, hope you guys can read: http://www.************.com/2016/07/...ust-fight-140/

Here's a quote:

“It will be at 140,” Crawford said via ESPN.com, when asked what weight he would consider a fight against Pacquiao.

Pac is 36 or so, moving down in weight is usually a big problem for older fighters, maybe he can make 140 at some stage but to come off a long lay off and political duties with limited training time does not seem ideal.

On top of that, Vargas, a weak welterweight title holder was never Pacs first choice as Garcia turned down the fight initially. Broner, who was willing to move up or fight at some sort of catchweight between 140-147, is in jail/wanted more money.

Pac is once again, fighting the best available opponent, which he has done multiple times...unlessy ou want him to fight Bradley a 4th time and let's be honest, Bradley is better and more accomplished than Garcia, Broner, TC and Vargas.
    Broner is a worse fight than Vargas. Broner is not better than Vargas. Arum said he never offered Garcia the fight. Thurman said he'd fight Pacquiao
    July 21st, 2016
    FREDDIE ROACH: PACQUIAO CAN MAKE 140LBS "PRETTY EASILY"

Comment

I mean, no matter how you look at it, who cares? Pacquiao is at the stage in his career where he calls all the shots (unless he gets his Floyd rematch, of course). He has earned the right to give fighters "take it or leave it deals".

Even with all that said, I didn't really want to see Manny back in the ring again.

Comment

Here's a quote:

Were Buboy and Manny "Eiffel Towering" you when you typed this crap? We all get that you are a huge Manny fan but have some self respect for christ sakes!

It's a shit fight if it happens. Manny chose the easier fighter between Vargas and Crawford. If you are planning to watch it because you love Manny, cool we'd all understand.

I swear if you burped in a room full of women 2 would get pregnant!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Broner is a worse fight than Vargas. Broner is not better than Vargas. Arum said he never offered Garcia the fight. Thurman said he'd fight Pacquiao
          July 21st, 2016

He also said Cotto could make 147 pretty easy. Its a fighters body man, just being on a diet freaken sucks so I think anyone talking on another fighters behalf about making weight should be taken with a grain of salt.

I think people wanted to see Broner vs Pacquiao to see Broner get beat and team Pac wanted Broner to hopefully draw $May out of retirement. Vargas will be more competitive than Broner but Broner wouldve been a fun lead up and brought in way more revenue.

And as for Garcia, I think the Garcias were pretty clear they wanted a lot of and we all know Arums not forking over a lot, he likes to have his cake and eat it too. I dont think people get it by now with Arum, he will do business with anyone but the number$$$ have to match his whats in it for me. I think he puts a certain # in his head that he expects, and if that financial mark is off by $10, its a no go. Hell did you see how much $ he was going to get from Hearn to let them use Vargas?

Comment

When Pac and Floyd were on press conference fans were like "look how small Pacquiao is, he can make 135-140, 140 is ideal weight for Manny" now "Crawford wants 140, no fight"
            Last edited by Jimmy 23; 08-04-2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              July 21st, 2016

I'm not bothered about what other people are saying or what videos you post of those people .What did Pacquiao say and what did Crawford say? All I know is, the fighter who is supposed to be doing the fighting didn't want the fight at welterweight. You can cut it which ever way you like but unless you can prove to me Crawford wanted it at 147, there's no argument here.

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
              I mean, no matter how you look at it, who cares? Pacquiao is at the stage in his career where he calls all the shots (unless he gets his Floyd rematch, of course). He has earned the right to give fighters "take it or leave it deals".

Even with all that said, I didn't really want to see Manny back in the ring again.
              why would you not want the greatest fighter of his generation back in the ring when just months ago he beat a top p4p guy with absolute ease.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Were Buboy and Manny "Eiffel Towering" you when you typed this crap? We all get that you are a huge Manny fan but have some self respect for christ sakes!

It's a shit fight if it happens. Manny chose the easier fighter between Vargas and Crawford. If you are planning to watch it because you love Manny, cool we'd all understand.

I swear if you burped in a room full of women 2 would get pregnant!
              Did Crawford say he wanted the Pacquiao fight?

I never heard him...except when he put a stipulation on it. At this time, it's pretty weird asking THE money maker in the sport to take steps down to your weight division. Pac took the only fight available to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
                When Pac and Floyd were on press conference fans were like "look how small Pacquiao is, he can make 135-140, 140 is ideal weight for Manny" now "Crawford wants 140, no fight"
                I'm not concerned with fans. Don't put me in the same group as the home boys and the phillipinos who only support guys based on race and nationality.

I'm talking pure boxing here and what a particular fighter said. Not what a trainer said or what a manager said.

Pacquiao has been pretty quite on who he'd fight next cos he has more important work to do. It seems everyone else can speak for him and their words have to be taken as 100% honest and truthful and representative of Pacquiao.

Yet the only guy who turned the fight down, unless it was on his terms was Crawford.

If I can be proven otherwise and Pacquiao said in the lead up to this announcement that he is happy to go down to 140 and then reneged on his word, I'd be happy to delete this thread.

Comment

I'm not bothered about what other people are saying or what videos you post of those people .What did Pacquiao say and what did Crawford say? All I know is, the fighter who is supposed to be doing the fighting didn't want the fight at welterweight. You can cut it which ever way you like but unless you can prove to me Crawford wanted it at 147, there's no argument here.

why would you not want the greatest fighter of his generation back in the ring when just months ago he beat a top p4p guy with absolute ease.

Did Crawford say he wanted the Pacquiao fight?

I never heard him...except when he put a stipulation on it. At this time, it's pretty weird asking THE money maker in the sport to take steps down to your weight division. Pac took the only fight available to him.
                  You actually think Crawford saying that is what caused the fight not to happen? Dude, have some integrity.

Manny wants to fight Floyd again so he will pick easy guys he can beat until then, no different then Floyd picking Berto to fulfill the contractual obligations and remain undefeated for a chance at 50-0.

Comment

Because I don't want the Welterweight division to slip back into the waiting game, waiting on Manny and not taking on any real challenges in hopes of staying undefeated to get that Manny phone call.

I have the same feelings towards a Floyd return.

Comment

Working...
                    X