No announcement yet.

Hopkins: "If it was the old Roy Jones Jr I would have been an dead man"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
    Listen, at the end of the day, Roy beat Hopkins in their prime. Nuff said. Jones faced more champions, won more titles, and had reached a bit of a higher level than Bhop. So, Hopkins is trying to make himself fel better by saying Jones was scared and all that, nah, if he Roy was scared, so was bhop. Bernard is just trying to make himself feel vindicated in a sense for both of their performances. Funny how Hopkins forgot that he started all the fouling in the first place. But, being scenile is part of the aging process, I ain't mad at him. Blessings to yall
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Good observation.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
      Listen, at the end of the day, Roy beat Hopkins in their prime. Nuff said. Jones faced more champions, won more titles, and had reached a bit of a higher level than Bhop. So, Hopkins is trying to make himself fel better by saying Jones was scared and all that, nah, if he Roy was scared, so was bhop. Bernard is just trying to make himself feel vindicated in a sense for both of their performances. Funny how Hopkins forgot that he started all the fouling in the first place. But, being scenile is part of the aging process, I ain't mad at him. Blessings to yall
      well in a sense they're equal, they both beat out of prime versions of the other.

Jones beat an out of prime Hopkins (not yet prime, he was green), and Hopkins beat a far more shot version of Roy than he himself currently is.

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
        well in a sense they're equal, they both beat out of prime versions of the other.

Jones beat an out of prime Hopkins (not yet prime, he was green), and Hopkins beat a far more shot version of Roy than he himself currently is.
        Jones wasn't in his prime when he fought Hopkins the first time either.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Jones wasn't in his prime when he fought Hopkins the first time either.
          I beg to differ. At least he was far closer to prime than Hopkins was. Just like Hopkins now is closer to prime than Jones is.

Point is: Neither of them ever beat the prime version of the other....

So in the end they're equal.

Comment

I refuse to watch this fight, and I ****ing watched Holyfield/Botha

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
              I beg to differ. At least he was far closer to prime than Hopkins was. Just like Hopkins now is closer to prime than Jones is.

Point is: Neither of them ever beat the prime version of the other....

So in the end they're equal.
              Hopkins was the IBF #1 contender and fought Jones for the vacant title. He would go on to win the title after Roy vacated it. Green? I guess. A lot of people would kill to be green like that. Today's Roy, on the other hand, is shot. Completely. Jones was more impressive in beating Hopkins the first time than Bernard was beating him. I don't see it being equal at all - the fights nor their careers, for that matter.

Comment

Hopkins was the IBF #1 contender and fought Jones for the vacant title. He would go on to win the title after Roy vacated it. Green? I guess. A lot of people would kill to be green like that. Today's Roy, on the other hand, is shot. Completely. Jones was more impressive in beating Hopkins the first time than Bernard was beating him. I don't see it being equal at all - the fights nor their careers, for that matter.
                I don't know about that. I don't remember Roy utterly dominating Hopkins in fight #1. But Hopkins dominated him easily in this rematch.

Comment

you know with hopkins fans there is always a greater excuse when it comes to jones

Comment

Working...
                  X