Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing - Rio 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Joyce won but Yoka blocked a lot and landed cleaner. But Joyce was a lot more aggressive

Comment

• Yoka the better fighter joyce just toi robotic and stiff yoka landing cleaner shots

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        I think this is the last Olympics I`d watch - 3 finals today two robberies.

Overall, more than 20 robberies this whole tournament. Terrible go back to the point system.
        I say hire non-corrupt judges.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          I think this is the last Olympics I`d watch - 3 finals today two robberies.

Overall, more than 20 robberies this whole tournament. Terrible go back to the point system.
          I honestly think they should go back to the points system. They are trying to make amateur just like pro but I think they should be different

Comment

• I think Dusmatov and Zoirov are the two leaders for the Val Barker trophy.
            Dusmatov was the most dominant fighter. Zoirov had the best wins.

Ramirez, Levit (yes even though he technically got Silver we all know what really happened), La Cruz, Yeleussinov are also strong contenders.
            Did I miss anyone?

Dusmatov and Zoirov are the leaders to me though. The only thing that hurts Zoirov is that he let the final be a little competitive but he fought a 2x World Champion and someone who has defeated Robeisy Ramirez in the past, so it's not like he fought a no one.

Comment

• i thought joyce won that

he landed plenty to yoka's ribs and his jab was getting through regularly

yoka's work looked cleaner though, i'll give him that

i guess yoka is kind of the french anthony joshua

Comment

• I think i would have picked Joyce on that one. Was a close one.

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                  I think Dusmatov and Zoirov are the two leaders for the Val Barker trophy.
                  Dusmatov was the most dominant fighter. Zoirov had the best wins.

Ramirez, Levit (yes even though he technically got Silver we all know what really happened), La Cruz, Yeleussinov are also strong contenders.
                  Did I miss anyone?

Dusmatov and Zoirov are the leaders to me though. The only thing that hurts Zoirov is that he let the final be a little competitive but he fought a 2x World Champion and someone who has defeated Robeisy Ramirez in the past, so it's not like he fought a no one.
                  Yeah he was competitive against Aloyev who shouldn`t have been even in the semis.

It`s between Dusmatov and Ramirez.

Comment

• Uzbekistan won.

Gold- tied with Cuba 3-3

so we go to total,

Total- 7 followed by Cuban's 6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing...#Medal_summary

Comment

• Originally posted by Kazakh Thunder View Post
                      Uzbekistan won.

Gold- tied with Cuba 3-3

so we go to total,