Olympic Boxing - Rio 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yngwie View Post
    Nah, the Chinese guy.
    Zoirov got an argument for the Val Barker.
    Robeisy should get it just not sure if they will give it to him.

Do they announce the barker trophy tmrw?

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      Robeisy should get it just not sure if they will give it to him.

Do they announce the barker trophy tmrw?
      Robeisy is a solid contender too.
      I believe they do, i don't know, sometimes the aiba do some good picks and some times their picks sucks.

Comment

Nah, the Chinese guy.
        Zoirov got an argument for the Val Barker.
        I don't get it, Aloyev lost to the Chinese guy too? oh ok, the Chinese guy getting he decision over veitia

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          I don't get it, Aloyev lost to the Chinese guy too?
          The Chinese guy is already the bronze medalist, but i believe he lost his fight with Veitia.

Comment

The Chinese guy is already the bronze medalist, but i believe he lost his fight with Veitia.
            yep you're right although veitia didn't do much either but the Chinese even less

Comment

yep you're right although veitia didn't do much either but the Chinese even less
              It was an awful fight, Veitia is good, but he doesn't throw his hands, but the Chinese fighter didn't connected a clear punch in the whole match.

Comment

It was an awful fight, Veitia is good, but he doesn't throw his hands, but the Chinese fighter didn't connected a clear punch in the whole match.
                the 52 division hasn't produced any good fights and on paper was the best.

Comment

Ok neither Robeisy nor Alren are my favourites but did they do good yes they did.

Yasniel Toledo lost faire and square, Argilagos lost faire and square, Pero obviously faire and square. Savon faire and square. Did I scream robberies after these fighters lost? The only time I screamed robbery was when Roniel lost and when Lazaro lost. One lost to an Uzbekistani and the other one against a Brazilian, no big surprise there.

Now as far as the robberies, I've already listed all of them, not only the ones involving Uzbekistan and Russia but if you want the robberies of these countries I'll list them again

Russia:
                  - Tishenko got dominated for 3 rounds against Levitt who should be the real Val Baker winner for real.
                  - Aloyev got beat clearly by Avila from Columbia and he shouldn't even have gotten a bronze yet alone silver. Zoirov will surely embarrass him.
                  - Nikitin lost badly to Conlan and I didn't see him fight with Budtee but I heard he got that gift too. So that might be 2 robberies for Nikitin

Uzbekistan:
                  - Roniel vs Gyason. Gyasov won the second round. Rounds 1 and 3 were clear round for Iglesias. Gyasov was spoiling, holding, clinching, etc.
                  - Akmadaliev vs Yereliev - Akmadaliev lost all 3 rounds. I mean that was terrible. It was almost as bad as Nikitin vs Conlan
                  - Finally Gaibnazarov vs Russell. I honestly dislike Rusell a lot and I thought he lost to the Thai fighter in the previous round. He beat up Gaibnazarov and I mean "beat up" for rounds 2 and 3. I didn't see the Dunaytev fight but I would suspect he had another gift there. Let's see if he'll beat Sotomayor via another gift. I don't think much of Sotomayor and how he beat Yasniel 3-0 is beyond me.

So here you have it.
                  I don't know why you listed the Russian robberies I already told you that I'm defending those fights because they were disgusting. Especially the Tishchenko-Levit, Nikitin-Butdee, and Nikitin-Conlan fights.
                  Like I said hopefully this teaches Russia a lesson so they could give their real talent the opportunities next time.

Iglesias vs. Giyasov was not a robbery. I had Roniel winning, but I could see why they gave it to Giyasov.
                  I was rooting for Yeraliyev and had him winning, but the last two rounds were competitive.
                  Russell did not "beat up" Gaibnazarov but I'll need to rewatch to make any further comments. I don't like how Gaibnazarov fought though. He made it easier on Russell.

Comment

• Crazy: 5 gold medals for cuba, 3 are from boxing and 6 out of eleven are from boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                      I don't know why you listed the Russian robberies I already told you that I'm defending those fights because they were disgusting. Especially the Tishchenko-Levit, Nikitin-Butdee, and Nikitin-Conlan fights.
                      Like I said hopefully this teaches Russia a lesson so they could give their real talent the opportunities next time.

Iglesias vs. Giyasov was not a robbery. I had Roniel winning, but I could see why they gave it to Giyasov.
                      I was rooting for Yeraliyev and had him winning, but the last two rounds were competitive.
                      Russell did not "beat up" Gaibnazarov but I'll need to rewatch to make any further comments. I don't like how Gaibnazarov fought though. He made it easier on Russell.
                      So you agree on all points. There are robberies and there are robberies, some are bigger than the others, but at the end there is an undeserved winner. Like how all the judges scored the first round for Giyasov against Rabii and the low blows too. You're forgetting the Aloyev fight. Aloyev lost clearly to Avila.

Gaibnazarov wasn't throwing any punches, ref was stopping the fight to tell him to engage cause he was running and holding. This was throughout rounds 2 and 3. Clear victory for Rusell. You have Gainbazarov, Guiyasov and Akhmadaliev all medalist and all silver medalists, well Gaibnazarov might win the gold actually.

So because of all these robberies. Uzbekistan will either move up to 2nd place in the medal standing or 1st depending on their two finals. While Russia will move up to 2nd place.

The two countries that haven't benefited from any decisions are Cuba and Kazahstan and Kazahstan has probably had the hardest draw this competition. Not to forget Alimkunaly getting robbed against Kamran and not even medalling.

Alimkunaly and Roniel not medalling, P4P fighters not medalling. These Olympics has seen 20 corrupt decisions. It's been the worst.

Alimkunali didn't even medal at the Worlds cause he was robbed again. Roniel got robbed against the Aziri fighter. Two of the most skillful fighters don't even medal in the Worlds and the Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                      X