Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Burns-Vazquez Winner Will Have To Wait on Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the fight is in England I already predict Burns to win. Unless Vazquez can get a KO. You just won't beat a European fighter in their backyard by decision.

Comment

The WBO & IBF are ducking Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
        Since the fight is in England I already predict Burns to win. Unless Vazquez can get a KO. You just won't beat a European fighter in their backyard by decision.
        Judah and Bradley both decisioned Witter in the UK. I rather suspect Vasquez has more chance of winning a decision if he dominates than Brook does against Alexander.

Comment

This kind of stupid comment always makes me laugh, firstly because your tying all of Europe into 1 category when culture wise its very different in different individual countries, some places like Germany I would agree with you but certainly not Europe as a whole. Secondly because your suggesting that doesn't go on elsewhere, theres tons of examples of hometown decisions in the States too.

Also, Scotland and England aren't the same place, Burns may be on the home promoters card, but fighting in London isn't going to be like the fight taking place in Glasgow. It's like saying someone (a European fighter) is fighting in Andre Ward's backyard by fighting him in Vegas. I think Burns would be pretty upset if he knew someone suggested he was English.

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
            Also, Scotland and England aren't the same place, Burns may be on the home promoters card, but fighting in London isn't going to be like the fight taking place in Glasgow. It's like saying someone (a European fighter) is fighting in Andre Ward's backyard by fighting him in Vegas. I think Burns would be pretty upset if he knew someone suggested he was English.
            But will everyone be booing Vasquez and cheering for Burns?

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
              Comparing the passion of Burns' home Scottish fans to English fans is incomparable.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                Sure Burns will be the more popular of the two, but as I said it's not like its in Glasgow where the atmosphere would be hostile to Vasquez, Burns will be supported decently but its certainly not his hometown, there actually tends to be a pretty heated rivalry between the Scottish and the English.

Take the Carl Froch vs Andre Ward super 6 fight for example, it was in Atlantic City, quite a few people called that a neutral venue, by the arguement your suggesting, that was in Ward's hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                  Comparing the passion of Burns' home Scottish fans to English fans is incomparable.
                  Exactly That

Comment

Go to Scotland, tell them they're European, expect a "vigorous" response.

Go to Scotland, tell them they're English and London is their capital, expect to never return.

You don't know shit about....anything it would seem?

Comment

I'm liking this fight. We could have a true 135 champion by the end of this year. Rather than boring, repeated criticism we should be applauding the fact that two champions are getting in the ring and fighting each other. We rarely get unifications these days, can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X