No announcement yet.

Student Loans & Federal Grant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby No Sex View Post
    all this stuff is kinda new to me. never got to loan shiet so that i dont owe anything. but my financial situation right now is shiet. my tuition is $24k and i dont know yet how much i can loan. i'll be finding it out on tuesday. i just hope that in the end i dont get fawked on paying too much. im getting money anyway mid year and i think i can pay it in full if ever but as much as possible i dont want to so i can make the money go around first.
    I'd be surprised if you couldn't get enough to cover tuition and living expenses. I just took out the last student loan of my life, which has put me 130k in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
      I'd be surprised if you couldn't get enough to cover tuition and living expenses. I just took out the last student loan of my life, which has put me 130k in debt.
      what do u mean?

Comment

You can take out what you need. I've paid back nothing at this point, and I owe 130k plus interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
          You can take out what you need. I've paid back nothing at this point, and I owe 130k plus interest.
          Wh the fawk would i want to owe something like that?

Comment

If I earn 100k per year after school and have to pay back 10k per year, that's 90k pre-taxes, which I might not have to claim 90k on. There are worse situations to be in.

Comment

student loan doesnt sound good to me... thats why I'm paying in cash in my school

I'm in culinary school too btw TS and its been good so far

Comment

Grants you don't have to pay back, so if you can get that, take it. As far as the payments for student loans, it all depends on how much you borrow, the interest rate, and the amount of years it will take to pay them off. My federal consolidation loan is like 11k and is $106 a month @ like 6.8%. My private ones are like 7k and it's like $80 a month. Also, if it's a subsidized loan the government will pay the interest while you're in school. So take out subsidized loans before subsidized. I don't have a problem paying them back, but some people graduate with a lot more debt and then have trouble finding a good job afterwards to pay for it. If you could pay for school with out loans go for it, most people can't tho.

Comment

Deferments. Get acquianted with that word, because it's a student's best friend.

Well, that and "Top Ramen".

Comment

Yeah I have used both still paying back my loan only owe 1400 on it but slacked a bit for a few months on it, there is nothing they can do about it really though I just got my income tax and will get it up to date this week.

Comment

Working...
                    X