Lewis Should Have Been DQed: Cut Caused By Illegal Punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when in a clinch you are free to swing with the free arm...boxing 101

Comment

How can you be sure it was the hook during the clinch... and not the mean right cross before that?

Comment

Ah, the last great Heavyweight Championship fight.

Lewis vs Vitali

Last month during the media conference call for the Vitali/Solis fight I asked them about eachother because Lennox and Vitali were on the call together...

KnockoutDigest.com "Hi Lennox. Hi Vitali. I think I speak for most boxing fans when I say that boxing hasn't seen a competitive, truly memorable heavyweight championship fight since the fight between the two of you. That said, Vitali, was Lennox Lewis your toughest opponent to date and the same question to Lennox, was Vitali your toughest challenger?"

Vitali Klitschko: "In all my career I never meet so strong an opponent as Lennox Lewis, I never took so many punches, I never look so horrible like this fight. Definitely it was one of the hardest fights, and I'm appreciative that Lennox gave me chance to prove my skills against the strongest boxer of all time, I have a lot of experience as an amateur and professional and I can definitely say Lennox Lewis was the hardest fight in my career."

Lennox Lewis: "When you say hardest fight in my career, he was definitely the, uh... It was a hard hard fight. He was a guy I had to figure out. And when I say figure out, the man wasn't easy to hit. Plus he was WAY taller than me and had longer arms than me. My last major opponent before that was you know Mike Tyson so to adapt to his different qualities such as the height and the reach, was a challenge to me. He was a big challenge, and one of the toughest fights."

So...

Vitali may have been rippin mad when that fight was stopped, but in the years since that fight his attitude seems to have softened and he gives Lennox Lewis nothing but total respect and credit as his toughest opponent. Maybe you Vitali fans should do the same.

As for Lewis, as I recall, after the fight he did not want to give any credit to Vitali and he acted like the fight was no big deal, "look at the state of his face" etc, and he was very annoyed with Larry Merchant for asking about why the fight was so tough/etc. Today he at least seems willing to start giving Vitali proper credit, but compared to how he was in the minutes after the fight (no credit to Vitali) he has come a long way.

Comment

coming up on ten years later and these turds are still crying.

Lewis WON!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Da Maori View Post
            History will remember it as a TKO victory for Lewis, because that's exactly what happened!

Excessive holding is also against the rules so you could make a case for the Klits being DQ'd in any of their fights! ****en muppet!
            tell 'em. Jeffrey Butler for the win!

Comment

Vitali fans awfully quiet about the kick.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                Vitali fans awfully quiet about the kick.
                check your user CP - i would be surprised if you haven't been called a 'racist, black boy' or 'n--ger.

that's how some of these fella's like to get down.

Comment

from a neutral fan, lennox won a fight that vitali was winning. cut was caused clearly by a foul punch.

Comment

This is really getting boring now. People are still railing on about the loss to Lewis, the result is done, end of.

Comment

Working...
                    X