Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever write a business plan? Help needed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever write a business plan? Help needed.

What are banks mainly looking for in business plans and do you have examples or known business types that banks like to look for?

I know there are perks and flaws in small businesses and franchises, but I'm not sure which way I would like to go.

Any advice would be very helpful in me making a decision.

Thoughts?

well i can tell you before you even consider writing a business plan to present to a bank for a loan you must show that you have plenty of money in the bank. Especially in these times you need several tens of thousands of dollars to get a business loan from a bank.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
      well i can tell you before you even consider writing a business plan to present to a bank for a loan you must show that you have plenty of money in the bank. Especially in these times you need several tens of thousands of dollars to get a business loan from a bank.
      But why?

I thought that's what the bank would be for?

My whole goal in this is to pay as less cash as possible, but have either government grants or bank loans pay for everything.

I figured if someone moving to this country with zero dollars in the bank can open a quick-mart or gas station, there should be loans/grants available so you can put zero down, correct??

Or would I have to be a non US citizen to get something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
        http://www.businessballs.com/freebus...gtemplates.htm

If I have to do another SWOT analysis soon I will scream.
        Checking it out now. Thanks.

Comment

I've never wrote a 'real' business plan but I've read/reviewed enough annual/quarterly reports to give an informed opinion. Do you have an operating history? If so, do you have financial statements? Do you have a forecast and/or budget? The commentary in the business plan should be backed up by financial figures otherwise it's hard for the bank to assess the business' future cash flows and profitability.

I'd be happy to read your business plan and provide some comments/edits.

Comment

A SWOT is a good place to start but you're gonna need a lot more than that. Think about it, I'm giving you my money, I'm trusting you. Pretty much I need to know a sure fire way that you are going succeed and I'm going to get return on my investment.

What sets you apart for every other company? How long till you become profitable? Where is your location? Is it a good location? Is the market over saturated?

Banks are strict, much stricter than ever before. If you take a look at other business plans you will see that it is many, many pages long. My advice is to actually take a few business classes. I know it costs money but you're going to need the training to appeal to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              I've never wrote a 'real' business plan but I've read/reviewed enough annual/quarterly reports to give an informed opinion. Do you have an operating history? If so, do you have financial statements? Do you have a forecast and/or budget? The commentary in the business plan should be backed up by financial figures otherwise it's hard for the bank to assess the business' future cash flows and profitability.

I'd be happy to read your business plan and provide some comments/edits.
              I assume that he doesn't have any financial statements. He'd have to benchmark his competition. He's going to need a good amount of capital.

Comment

lol at showing your bank a swot analysis.

Comment

Working...
                X