Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you describe Mike McCallum's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you describe Mike McCallum's style?

'The Bodysnatcher' seems very versatile to me. But how would you describe his style?

Versatile and aggressive.

Oh and in before Americanbot tells you that Miguel Cotto is better than McCallum

Comment

superb body puncher with excellent fundamentals...

those two fights with toney is a gift to all spectators and enthusiasts who enjoy watching the subtleties and nuances of the sweet science...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
        superb body puncher with excellent fundamentals...

those two fights with toney is a gift to all spectators and enthusiasts who enjoy watching the subtleties and nuances of the sweet science...
        this^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mike till this day remains my dad's all-time fav fighter...whenever I go to Jamaica to kick with my oldman he'll ALWAYS tell me how Hagler ducked Mike....and word on the island is that Mike NEVER forgave Hagler for not giving him a dance.....thats how the Jamaican OG's tell it!! ....true story!!

Comment

Hagler ducked McCallum my azz. When McCallum won a 154lb title he was not a largely known fighter, thus could not command the large purses that Hagler (the sports p4p king) demanded. I'm not saying McCallum wasn't great, he was, but at that time he couldn't deliver the kind of money Hearns, Leonard and Duran did. Even if he could have its hard to imagine McCallum winning vs Hagler.

McCallum was a great body puncher and did everything else at least well

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
            Hagler ducked McCallum my azz. When McCallum won a 154lb title he was not a largely known fighter, thus could not command the large purses that Hagler (the sports p4p king) demanded. I'm not saying McCallum wasn't great, he was, but at that time he couldn't deliver the kind of money Hearns, Leonard and Duran did. Even if he could have its hard to imagine McCallum winning vs Hagler.

McCallum was a great body puncher and did everything else at least well
            Yeah, McCallum wasn't even competing in the same division. Similar to the claims of Leonard ducking Pryor, except that in that case, Leonard answered Pryor's call-outs by offering Pryor a career-high payday, which Aaron rejected because he wanted more. I don't think a champion of one division necessarily has an obligation to fight a champ of a different division.

I do think McCallum may have been able to beat the aging Hagler that Leonard fight.

At 154, McCallum beats Duran, but I think he's too patient, methodical, and not a big enough puncher (with one shot) to beat Hearns. The Curry fight was an anomaly, he normally broke guys down, and I don't think he'd land enough to break Hearns down.

Comment

In one word?

Skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                Yeah, McCallum wasn't even competing in the same division. Similar to the claims of Leonard ducking Pryor, except that in that case, Leonard answered Pryor's call-outs by offering Pryor a career-high payday, which Aaron rejected because he wanted more. I don't think a champion of one division necessarily has an obligation to fight a champ of a different division.

I do think McCallum may have been able to beat the aging Hagler that Leonard fight.

At 154, McCallum beats Duran, but I think he's too patient, methodical, and not a big enough puncher (with one shot) to beat Hearns. The Curry fight was an anomaly, he normally broke guys down, and I don't think he'd land enough to break Hearns down.
                What the hell happened to your channel broski?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
                  What the hell happened to your channel broski?
                  Don King Productions, AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post

lol McCallum would of killed Hearns, would of looked just like this fight

Comment

Working...
                    X