Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd Mayweather Jr. have a fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Floyd Mayweather Jr. have a fanbase?

You think you guys can help me with this question? Does Mayweather have a fanbase and if so how big is it? I have been trying hard to remember but i dont think i have ever seen fans at a fight with Mayweather signs, or the crowd chanting his name, among other things. I have however seen thousands of people at his fights but rooting for his opponent. Anyone want to research this topic?

Mayweathers fans are not fruity enough to use glitter and paint to make signs.

But beyond that, Mayweather is what Wrestling aficionados would call a heel. People come to see him lose like they did Vince Mcmahon in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Comment

He's like the soccer team Club America from Mexico. Alot of people love, but much more people hate him. Thus alot of people will watch him.

Comment

They're all over the place! Check this forum out the day Floyd fights, find the "Any free streaming for today?" threads and you'll find them there...

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
          You think you guys can help me with this question? Does Mayweather have a fanbase and if so how big is it? I have been trying hard to remember but i dont think i have ever seen fans at a fight with Mayweather signs, or the crowd chanting his name, among other things. I have however seen thousands of people at his fights but rooting for his opponent. Anyone want to research this topic?
          Watch the Zab Judah fight? or Ricky Hatton fight, Alot of rooted for Mayweather after the American anthem got boo'd

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
            He's got his own Internet Crime family. That's a pretty hardcore fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
              Watch the Zab Judah fight? or Ricky Hatton fight, Alot of rooted for Mayweather after the American anthem got boo'd
              Yup, all my friends and I are American. About 10 of us saw the fight together. After watching 24/7.. 6 of us were backing Hatton and the other 4 were accusing of us of being unamerican. I do like Mayweather, I just always happen to like the other guy a little better.

Comment

Seriously, Floyd is the type of boxer that you'll love to hate, or root for him until the end of his career. He's really that good when it comes to boxing AND self advertising, a unique character in the boxing business, which we badly needed in these boxing's trying times...

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                  Yup, all my friends and I are American. About 10 of us saw the fight together. After watching 24/7.. 6 of us were backing Hatton and the other 4 were accusing of us of being unamerican. I do like Mayweather, I just always happen to like the other guy a little better.
                  Lmao my Mexicans neighbors and their friends came over to watch the fight, as soon as the anthem got boo'd, they said "fcuk that ****!" we all rooted for Mayweather, all though I was rooting for him from the start

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                    Lmao my Mexicans neighbors and their friends came over to watch the fight, as soon as the anthem got boo'd, they said "fcuk that ****!" we all rooted for Mayweather, all though I was rooting for him from the start
                    If anyone remembers, 24/7 also made Billy Grahm look really badass. It seems silly now as he lost the fight then was ultimately fired. However, that series was the first time a lot of folks saw him in all his glory. Smoking cigarettes, and talking about being down to earth in a gritty voice. I found it hard not to love Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                    X