No announcement yet.

A Cotto-Mayweather career comparison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Cotto-Mayweather career comparison

Im gonna go all Horus on your asses(Talking like Bill Cosby:except with the bold, and the fonts, and the letter sizes and the aw you know what Im talking about)

Heres food for a thought

Floyd: 11 years, 5 divisions 39 career fights

Miguel: 9 years, 2 divisions 35 career fights

Floyd: faced 14 titlists in his career(13 actually, but Castillo2x) 14-0

Miguel: has faced 12 titlists in his career(soon to be 13 if Cotto-Pacquiao gets done) 11-1

Floyds opponent's combined record: 1008-182-35

Cottos opponents combined record: 852-154-18

Cotto fans can never say Cotto is a better P4P fighter than Floyd because
    5 div.>>>2 div. but they can say he was a better 140-147 fighter

Good fact-filled post and i also agree with your opinion that Cotto has a better resume at 140-147, but not a better all around resume.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
      Im gonna go all Horus on your asses(Talking like Bill Cosby:except with the bold, and the fonts, and the letter sizes and the aw you know what Im talking about) Heres food for a thought Floyd: 11 years, 5 divisions 39 career fights Miguel: 9 years, 2 divisions 35 career fights Floyd: faced 14 titlists in his career(13 actually, but Castillo2x) 14-0 Miguel: has faced 12 titlists in his career(soon to be 13 if Cotto-Pacquiao gets done) 11-1 Floyds opponent's combined record: 1008-182-35 Cottos opponents combined record: 852-154-18 Cotto fans can never say Cotto is a better P4P fighter than Floyd because 5 div.>>>2 div. but they can say he was a better 140-147 fighter
      cotto
      this is fine by me but still mosley, margarito, clottey, quintana and soon to be pacman>>>floyds whole resume.

Comment

i dont understand why people use that as an argument..oh floyds better cuz he went thru different divions....so james tony and chris byrd are better than mike tyson since they started at lower divisions? **** NO.

Cotto has fought better more established fighters...PERIOD.it dont matter what wait class..Cotto has fought the harder opposition.End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
          cotto
          this is fine by me but still mosley, margarito, clottey, quintana and soon to be pacman>>>floyds whole resume.
          100% agreed

Originally posted by TxHustla View Post
          i dont understand why people use that as an argument..oh floyds better cuz he went thru different divions....so james tony and chris byrd are better than mike tyson since they started at lower divisions? **** NO.

Cotto has fought better more established fighters...PERIOD.it dont matter what wait class..Cotto has fought the harder opposition.End of story.
          exactly

Comment

This we all can agree on. I would have liked to see Mayweather vs Tszyu at 140, too bad.

Comment

Working...
            X