Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Heavyweight Champion had the worst chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Heavyweight Champion had the worst chin?

It's amazing not to have a chin and still become the number 1 in the heavyweight division when 200 plus pounders are looking to detonate bombs on your fragile mandible.

There are names that come to mind that were smaller guys that moved up but how about the fully fledged heavyweights as well. Feel free to mention both types of guys.

floyd

he got kod/stopped several times and i forgot the exact numbers but he got knocked down a lot. like 20-30 times or something.

Comment

In no particular order:

1.Floyd Patterson

2. Primo Carnera

3. Michael Dokes

4. Wlad Klitschko

5. Frank Bruno

6. Tommy Morrison

Comment

Floyd Patterson. Dude was knocked down like 25-30 times, but ironically he's a Hall of Fame fighter. He was the man at heavyweight for a bit till Liston came around.

Comment

Ken Norton, comes to mind. Lennox was dropped like what 5 times but he always came back and knock out his opponent. Trvevor Berbeck is another, John Tate one Weaver Punch in round 15 ended that hype job , Terrel Biggs his chin was worthless as a pro I recall they had him as the next Ali but Tyson ended that.

Comment

Herbie Hide

Comment

Poor Floyd. He was a lovely guy and a good fighter but had a terrible chin. I agree with the Doakes and Morrison picks. I think Frank Bruno had an okay chin. He seemed to soak up a bit before he usually got stopped. Wladimir is obviously a chinny heavyweight. I would also like to add Michael Bentt to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                In no particular order:

1.Floyd Patterson

2. Primo Carnera

3. Michael Dokes

4. Wlad Klitschko

5. Frank Bruno

6. Tommy Morrison
                Wlad and Dokes did not have worse chins than Morrison.

Comment

Working...
                X