Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some Linux Distros malicious and don't want 2 be installed along side Windows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some Linux Distros malicious and don't want 2 be installed along side Windows

The only Linux distros I can get to work alongside Windows are Ubuntu and Linux mint but I feel those are ugly looking Linux Distros. I tried installing OpenSuse, Fedora, and Pardus Linux on my partitions yet each of those Linux Distros didn't work right.

OpenSuse stupid ass Distro tried taking over Windows spot as number 1 os and I was lucky to get back on Windows 7 without reinstalling a new Windows 7 copy(And yes, I installed it on a partition, I'm not dumb. I've installed Pc-Bsd on my operating system on a partition with no problems but when it comes to Linux Distros it seems like dickheads make them.

I forget what was wrong with Fedora when I tried installing that, maybe I didn't install that one because I didn't see where I was suppose to install the partition part to. And Pardus Linux installed on one of my partitions but refused to work... I don't know why...

So certain operating system distros cause me problems. Here are the operating systems I've gotten my computer to work with.

Windows 7

Hackintosh Snow Leopard 10.6.6

Pc-BSD(I loved this operating system but it was way too complicating for me to get it to read/write ntfs, its ashame that this operating system is very complicating when all you want it to do is read/write ntfs. I tried many commands in the terminal and nothing worked .

Ubuntu(This is an ugly looking operating system in my own personal opinion)

Linux Mint(Ugly looking to me, plus wouldn't install certain things right like flash player)

I don't even really like Linux, I think Linux is horrible compared to BSD. I feel BSD is more of an operating system I prefer but Linux has Paragon NTFS read/writer on it which makes it simple for it to read NTFS harddrives. Something BSD is lacking.

Bsd has a confusing ass terminal command prompt that when you type stuff it doesn't work for whatever reason and there's little guides online for Bsd because next to no one uses Bsd because it doesn't have enough application support. Probably why this operating system runs flawlessly with no slowdowns because why send viruses, spyware to an operating system next to no one uses?

So, basically I'm asking for a simple Linux distro thats not dumb and won't try to overwrite Windows 7 and also looks good looking. I'm looking for a Linux that either looks similar to Windows interface or possibly the Mac interface. I wouldn't mind a similar interface as PC-BSD.

I use a program called EasyBCD 2.1 to add my Linux distros, BSD distros, Mac os, Windows os to the boot menu. Probably why I might be having problems with certain Linux distros that don't like the method I do things. But if I was doing something so wrong, than I don't know why I have gotten plenty of other Linux Distros, Bsd Distros, Mac os, installed properly using Easy Bcd.
    Last edited by uoykcuf; 10-28-2011, 12:11 PM.

Fedora should work fine and you can tweak Ubuntu to look a lot different than it's default

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Fedora should work fine and you can tweak Ubuntu to look a lot different than it's default
      Which operating system are you using and which is the best for you that runs good without having to worry about viruses/spyware stuff? Should I just stick with Windows 7 and Hackintosh 10.6.6? I mean a Mac runs pretty nice, better than Windows 7 at times but I think I notice a difference in stuff like BSD, LINUX, which I think actually run faster than both of those.

Comment

dude if you wanna use linux just occasionally, there are distributions you can run straight off the disc at boot up. they install into memory so there is no danger of virus at all. when you turn off the computer the whole o/s is deleted including trash.

i think it's called linux knoppix or something like that.

Comment

Working...
        X