Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone give Alvarado a good chance of beating JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    Yeah I'm aware of that the point I was making was that Marquez at this stage of his career might not have enough left to win another war. I just don't see Alvarado as a good enough "boxer" to pull of a gameplan like the one Bradley was able to execute.
    True, I hear what your saying.
    I just think if he's right mentally and physically, Mike's size might be best served boxing. JMM was taking flush shots from Pac and we know what still happened.

Comment

This will be a boring match, Marquez will not initiate to go toe toe, he'll just wait to counter. Mike will be hesitant to throw in fear of getting countered, so I think this fight will be a stinker. If somehow Marquez close the distance he wins. If mike will just jab and shoot straight right all night, he will win by decision.

Comment

I'm not picking Alvarado, but this fight is competitive enough for me. He would be the best win on Marquez's resume at welterweight, besides, of course, Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

This is a "tuneup" that can go bad if Marquez overlooks Alvarado because Alvarado always comes to fight. He's a brawler that can use his head and make adjustments when needed.

Against Rios and Provodnikov he was forced to move and fight smarter but against Marquez he will be more in his element.

This fight has grown on me and I think Alvarado is more than a live dog.

Comment

I don't really give him a shot in this one. I think Marquez is to smart and to experience for Rado in this one.

Comment

Jmm is old and up in weight...once he left 135, true jr welters and welters are gonna be tough for him since he is undersized for the divisions plus age is catching up.. Alvarado has decent boxing skills and if he isn't totally shot I think him and jmm is a 50/50 fight..

Jmm last few times out has looked powerful, slow, high skill level, but he needs a guy coming at him like manny did.. Jmm seems to really have a tough time getting off shots from a distant opponent.. I think Alvarado will keep his distance like he did vs rios2 and could be able to outpoint jmm in a close fight

Comment

Is Alvarado going to be a Middleweight on fight night?

Comment

I'd pick Mike if he wasn't so damn slow and if Marquez wasn't so accurate. As much as I want Alvarado to win, I don't see him taking enough rounds over Marquez for that to happen. Juan lost to Bradley and Pac because of their movement and speed. Mike doesn't have that and heart will only get you so far against Marquez.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-08-2014, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I got $20 on Alva!

Comment

Marquez is getting old and PEDs won't be able to delay father time much longer, I'm still picking him to win this fight though. I think the skill discrepancy is gonna be too much for Alvarado to overcome, and it will compensate for whatever age-related physical decline Marquez has.

This is the biggest fight of Alvarado's career and last I heard he drove an SUV into a lake. The damage he took from his last three fights was brutal and that incident with the SUV could be early signs of dementia pugilistica. Regardless of whether or not he's damaged goods, Marquez is still a cut above him in every aspect of the game.

Alvarado's chances are slim to none.

Comment

Working...
                      X