Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tito Trinidad bankrupt...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sad, Tito is one of my all-time favorite fighters. I hope this doesn't convince him to make a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
      If you would read the article, he did not throw away his money he was just too stupid to keep track of it and depended on his financial advisor which for some insane reason bought all bonds with the money. He has been retired long enough to at least know what's going on with his investments.
      what happened to diversifying your assets?

Comment

Never understood how someone could trust someone else with millions of their dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
          So sad, Tito is one of my all-time favorite fighters. I hope this doesn't convince him to make a comeback.

he turned 41 in january.

how else is he going to make money?
          does he talk well enough to do some commentary in PR?
          promotion takes startup costs, so that's probably out.
          can he train fighters? there's not a ton of money in that if you can't get your hands on a great fighter with a high billing.

he'll probably end up fighting again if he can't resolve this.

Comment

I couldn't trust anybody with my money

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              Hahahaha what a complete idiot...

No sympathy for him wasting his cash.
              He didn't waste it, it was stolen try reading I know they don't teach that in inner city schools

Comment

Perhaps he shouldn't have retired every time he lost a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  he turned 41 in january.

how else is he going to make money?
                  does he talk well enough to do some commentary in PR?
                  promotion takes startup costs, so that's probably out.
                  can he train fighters? there's not a ton of money in that if you can't get your hands on a great fighter with a high billing.

he'll probably end up fighting again if he can't resolve this.
                  You are right, but maybe he will be relieved of his debt. If he liquidates many of his assets, make some SMART investments and get a good paying gig, he can make it work without fighting again. Well, that's my hope for him at least. If this is true though, unfortunately, I am sure he will end up fighting again.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                    Lol, this dude can't make 160 or 168 if the entire island depends on it.

Hopkins/Trinidad 2: New York's Revenge

$69.99/79.99HD
                    That makes Chavez Jr vs Tito more possible

Comment

I happen to be a bond trader. So here are the facts.

1. He cant be bankrupt, because PR has not defaulted, nor have they missed any interest payments as of yet.

2. The actual article states he made that much during his career, not that this was his total investment.

3. His FA invested his money in PR Bond MUTUAL FUNDS not individual bonds. Funds have to unload bonds when they fall below investment grade. Which only recently happened to PR. We dont know when the investment was made, it could have been 5 years ago or 10 years ago.

4. The vast majority of wealthy and ultra wealthy invest in muni's, due to the triple tax free status of the potential cash flow. It seems his FA had him overleveraged, but we don't know why. Maybe Tito requested certain annual cash figure requirements.

There is much more than meets the eye here, so its not as easy to just say he is Bankrupt other than sensational news stories that sell papers and lazy journalism.
                      Last edited by racer59; 04-11-2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X