No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko wants a farewell fight with David Haye in Kiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali Klitschko wants a farewell fight with David Haye in Kiev

Vitali Klitschko says he wants a farewell fight with David Haye in Kiev, UA in 2013.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...s-heem-v-kieve
    Vitali by KO/TKO
    27.40%
    Vitali by decision
    20.55%
    Haye by KO/TKO
    41.10%
    Haye by decision
    10.96%

The poll is expired.

Let's do it.... no more Charrs

Comment

Having watched ALL their fights several times, I know the Klitschkos capabilities as well as anyone. I'm usually able to pick the exact round they will stop an opponent.

The current aging version of Vitali will lose to the current prime version of Haye.

Even when Vitali was 38, I have no doubt he would have stopped Haye. But at age 41 he's just too slow, and cannot put his punches together like he used to.

I'm a fan of Vitali and dislike Haye, but I'm being realistic here.

Comment

You could say his last fight.... was a charr-ity fight.

Comment

I knew Vitali couldnt bow out on the performance against Charr. The man is a warrior and he needs a defining fight and this will get him motivated.

I like Hayes chances agaisnt the older slower brother moreso than Wvlad but I would still make Haye underdog. Vitalis defence wouldnt be so relaxed vs Haye as it was on Saturday, his reflexes would be sharper because its a big fight and he would put it all on the line.

Haye I expect would use similar tactics as he did vs Wvlad but expect them to pay off against the more open and unorthodox brother. Still though Haye is not a busy fighter and the odd shot here and there would not be enough to win rounds when he is being kept on the end of jabs and straight rights all night.

Vitali points. Hope it happens.

Comment

Would love to see it. Worlds 2nd and 3rd best HW's.

A Chavez-Martinez type of much bigger and heavier guy vs smaller, faster, more talented guy. Hopefully it happens.

I still find it hard to pick against a Klitschko with their sheer size advantages.

Comment

P.S. I think it would need to be a more neutral location.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                P.S. I think it would need to be a more neutral location.
                You don't think Vitali deserves a farewell fight in his home city?

Haye's had many fights in London, Ward fights in Oakland, and Floyd always fights in Las Vegas.

Comment

it's hard to look passed haye in this - I'm no great vitali fan and i totally want to see this fight, however something about it rankles just a little, I'm not a fan of past prime champs getting beaten up by someone who in their prime they would have dominated, pity the fight didn't happen two years ago. As it stands I'm about 75% sure that Haye will take a decision in this and may even batter Vitali big time. I think there is maybe a 25% chance that a past prime (but not shot - because he certainly isn't shot) Vitali pulls it off.

Comment

I like Haye but I think Vitali will stop him late. Vitali will give Haye more openings than Wlad did, so Haye will let his hands go and get tired in the late rounds, as well as mentally discouraged that his punches don't have any effect on Vitali.

Comment

Working...
                    X