Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Screws Arum and Cotto, Arum Threatens To Screw Them Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, Martinez is in the best position right now to draw ratings and make HBO money. They have to strike while the iron is hot with this guy. He's older and foreign, why in the hell would they take a chance and wait.

Realistically, Cotto will make money on PPV and HBO. Arum needs to relax and calm down. They've done this before, and nothing has changed.

Comment

what about cotto vs williams, angulo, margarito, berto or cintron etc? all good fights. nobody wants to see this bum vanes

Comment

I suspect Al Haymon is behind all of this. Arum is an angry mofoker and if HBO screw him like this i don't think we'll see Pacquiao-Mosely on HBO PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Arum has done this in the past. HBO is loyal to Cotto I think just not with these types of fights. Cotto/Jennings, Cotto/Malignaggi were off HBO too. Vanes/Cotto is good, not that good. Martinez is on a hot streak, HBO wants to ride him and have other big stars instead of just a few.
          Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
          Honestly, Martinez is in the best position right now to draw ratings and make HBO money. They have to strike while the iron is hot with this guy. He's older and foreign, why in the hell would they take a chance and wait.

Realistically, Cotto will make money on PPV and HBO. Arum needs to relax and calm down. They've done this before, and nothing has changed.
          Here is the thing, who is Martinez going to fight? His opponent right now is a TBA...The only 3 choices so far were Zbik, Dzinziruk, and Lee.

Is Zbik better than Vanes? But, to be fair to HBO they turned it down.

Lee, will Martinez-Lee get more ratings than Cotto-Vanes? Lets not forget that Cotto-Foreman did the highest ratings this year. So Cotto still has that star power. But, HBO turned down Lee it seems.

Dzinziruk, now I like this fight. I would pick this fight over Cotto-Vanes. However, ratings I don't know it would do. Sadly it seems like there is not enough money to make Martinez-Dzinziruk so that is a problem.

What if Martinez ends up fighting a lesser opponent than those 3 named? What then? Would it still be considered a smart move for HBO? I still don't understand why the picked a Martinez fight when he doesn't even have an opponent named yet.

And, will their be an undercard? What HBO should of done was offer both Arum and Dibella 2.5mil-3.5mil to split and televised both fights and split the cites. Have Dibella do his own show in New York and have the B.A.D crew there and have Arum do his own show in Vegas and have the WCB crew there.

And, everybody probably would of been happy, you get both Cotto and Martinez it would be a double header and maybe potentially a build up for a potential match up for both.

HBO did something similar with Hopkins and Jones earlier in the decade. But, they missed the boat once again cuz Greenburg is not a boxing guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless Angel View Post
            I suspect Al Haymon is behind all of this. Arum is an angry mofoker and if HBO screw him like this i don't think we'll see Pacquiao-Mosely on HBO PPV.
            Oh, yes we will don't be silly.

Comment

Martinez is growing as a brand while Cotto's stock has taken a hit. Cotto has to string up some impressive wins again first before Arum has the right to *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                One day closer to Arum's end.

Top Rank fans rejoice! Cotto-Mayorga coming at you for only $49.95.

That seems like a very good price for this epic show! It's so good I'll be paying free99 for it!

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                  what about cotto vs williams, angulo, margarito, berto or cintron etc? all good fights. nobody wants to see this bum vanes
                  Cintron? Eh...I thought HBO didn't want anything to do with him anymore?

Williams I doubt that is a fight P-Will team wants right now unless they're trying to cash out on Williams. Which would be a shame.

Angulo is not fighting anybody as of right now. He is not in the picture.

Margarito will fight Cotto but they're taking tune up first before fighting on the summer.

Berto well there is different reports from that situation. From what I got Berto out priced himself out of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                    Martinez is growing as a brand while Cotto's stock has taken a hit. Cotto has to string up some impressive wins again first before Arum has the right to *****.
                    Martinez is 35 already so I don't know how much his brand will grow. And, his opponent is TBA, so we don't even know what type of opponent he will be fighting.

If he fights Dzinziruk or Pirog then HBO making the right move. However, if he fights a lesser fight. Then I don't know how anybody can justify that move. And, HBO would get disappointed because they won't receive the ratings that a Cotto will bring which will hurt in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] Duckiao View Post
                      That seems like a very good price for this epic show! It's so good I'll be paying free99 for it!
                      Fortunately, pre-fight hype is free. That's all I'm really looking forward to with that fight anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X