Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Thomas Hearns would beat Floyd so easily?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Floyd didn't want nothing to do with Paul williams and he was no tommy hearns... floyd whole career will be labeled as the fighter who only fought who he wanted and not who he should,ve. They'll even throw in the accusations of the ped use as well. Tommy beats lil Floyd with only the left jab for 12 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
      You don't see the lack of logic in your own statement?
      No.

All my opinions are based on logic.

Comment

• Hearns is one of the hardest punchers P4P. Factor that in with a size advantage and he'd pressure Floyd way too much.

Comment

• Tough fight considering size, power and style. Hearns had an underrated jab and power. It would be a truly great fight but the edge goes to Hearns but I would never count Mayweather out!

Comment

• Floyd matches up well with lots of great welterweights. Hearns isn't one of them. He doesn't punch enough, or hard enough, to overcome the physical elements of the fight. Might avoid getting stopped. Wouldn't avoid the L.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Floyd matches up well with lots of great welterweights. Hearns isn't one of them. He doesn't punch enough, or hard enough, to overcome the physical elements of the fight. Might avoid getting stopped. Wouldn't avoid the L.
              I think Floyd is clever and skilled enough to go the distance. Especially after he realizes that's the best possible outcome for him.

Comment

• Hearrns had that reach and could thump, but he never fought anyone like Floyd.
                Last edited by Johnny2x2x; 02-12-2016, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• I'm sure it's been said already, but Hearns did great vs. SRL both times. Only his chin let him down the first time. And Floyd doesn't have SRL's power at WW because Floyd started at SFW. SRL started at JWW. Most people believe at worst SRL is equal to Floyd, so it's mostly a triangle theory hypothesis.

I think Floyd dominates Duran. Even money with Leonard and Hearns. And Hagler puts him out.

Comment

• I'm a huge, huge Floyd fan and would give Floyd the benefit of the doubt in any fight where him and his opponent are of similar height, and even those who are 10-15lbs bigger than him. But unfortunately for Floyd in this fantasy fight, Tommy Hearns never lost to such relatively small fighter. Hagler was the shortest one he lost to, at 5'9"-5'10" and he was a true Middleweight, and had the MW size. SRL was long, and he was not a short guy at 5'10", and big enough to go up to 168 and beat a top 10 ranked contender there. Iran Barkely was pretty much identical in height and probably bigger than Hearns.

Hearns never lost to anyone he had the significant height AND weight/reach advantage to in his career.

At 5'8" vs 6'1" and 150lbs vs IDK what weight Hearns was in the ring but I imagine he was not a small guy in there. Much longer reach as well at almost 80". A win over Hearns would have made Floyd the greatest fighter in the history of combat sport, an even bigger icon than Ali or Bruce Lee. It would have just been too much to overcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      I'm not calling Hearns the underdog in the fight; it'd be a 50/50 fight, with Hearns likely the slight favorite with the bookies.

Personally, I think you're overstating the resolve of some ATG fighters; not sure if there's a Hearns to show this, but how would Hearns react if he's unable to get that big right hand home? How would he react if Floyd was able to consistently cut his jab short?

Diego Corralles isn't an all-time great, but once Floyd took his primary weapons away, he had no idea what else to do and fell apart. Hearns likely has more fortitude than that, but I don't think that there's a fight to point to, where the tools weren't effective, yet he still found a way to get to the W fighting differently.

Floyd is going to come to the table, for any fight, with three or four different styles to use, with extra little tricks in the pocket if certain little things don't work in the styles.
                      Well hearns had lots of his best tools nullified vs Benitez, but still came out clear winner. He didnt get flustered or frustrated because he wasnt landing much (like a lot of Floyds opposition did) he just went about his business winning rounds. Thats the mental fortitude that i am talking about

Comment

Working...
                      X